My spouse treated me to a two-night stay in March, including dinner for two and a $50 spa credit for my belated Birthday. It was purchased through Buy With Me, so it cost $299. To say they treat you like royalty here is an understatement. When we checked in, we were told by Eva St. Pierre, the Front Office Manager, that she hoped we didn't mind being upgraded to a suite since a family chose to stay another night in our reserved room. She said, "The room is very nice and I don't think you'll be unhappy. Please let me know if you need anything."
What we didn't expect was a 2-story loft with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the ocean, a kitchenette with a fridge, microwave, coffeemaker (not the usual type in hotels, but the type that brewed it into a carafe), dishes, glasses, a wet bar with stools, two flat screen tvs one in the living room area, the other in the BR), robes and slippers, and the most amazing bathroom I have ever seen in my life.(see photo) I have numerous food allergies and always need to bring "supplies" when I travel. It was such a treat to have a little kitchen to use, and the dining room knew what they were doing in terms of gluten free, dairy free, sulfite free but decadent food. I had three courses and all were divine. My spouse was equally delighted.They even had gluten free bread!
I used the fitness center which was clean and had a water bottle, towel and individual headsets. I even had the whole place to myself! I had an amazing foot and leg treatment in the spa (sea and salt scrub) I wish I could give you the lovely woman's name, she was wonderful! The spa has a relaxing and welcoming feel, and guests can use their facilities (check out the shower with 6 sprays, yummy soaps, and the luscious robes) They bring you marshmellows dipped in chocolate and cookies in the afternoon along with the weather forecast; I wasn't able to eat them but my spouse raved about them!) This place just makes you feel so special...It's also very close to Portland where they have wonderful shops and restaurants, including places like Becky's Diner and Bam Bam Bakery (thanks again Eva!!) where they have gluten free bread, yum yum. I even discovered a place called Portland Pies with wheat free/dairy free pizza (ate the whole thing in one sitting!
This was a very special birthday that I will never, ever forget. Thank- you Inn by the Sea, Eva ,and a special hug and thanks to my sweetie for finding this wonderful place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- After a multi million dollar renovation the eco luxury Inn by the Sea is Maine's premier beach destination. Located on a mile of unspoiled beach guests enjoy intimate dining in the ocean view Sea Glass celebrating Maine fare, relax in the spa or fireplace lounge. Spacious redesigned suites, rooms & cottages w oversized bathrooms, or full kitchens, or fireplaces. Child & Pet friendly! 5 acre indigenous garden,pool, bocce, fire pit, golf nearby. 10 mins to Portland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Inn by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn By The Sea Hotel Cape Elizabeth
- Inn By The Sea Maine/Cape Elizabeth