“A birthday present to cherish”
Review of Inn by the Sea

Inn by the Sea
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cape Elizabeth
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My spouse treated me to a two-night stay in March, including dinner for two and a $50 spa credit for my belated Birthday. It was purchased through Buy With Me, so it cost $299. To say they treat you like royalty here is an understatement. When we checked in, we were told by Eva St. Pierre, the Front Office Manager, that she hoped we didn't mind being upgraded to a suite since a family chose to stay another night in our reserved room. She said, "The room is very nice and I don't think you'll be unhappy. Please let me know if you need anything."
What we didn't expect was a 2-story loft with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the ocean, a kitchenette with a fridge, microwave, coffeemaker (not the usual type in hotels, but the type that brewed it into a carafe), dishes, glasses, a wet bar with stools, two flat screen tvs one in the living room area, the other in the BR), robes and slippers, and the most amazing bathroom I have ever seen in my life.(see photo) I have numerous food allergies and always need to bring "supplies" when I travel. It was such a treat to have a little kitchen to use, and the dining room knew what they were doing in terms of gluten free, dairy free, sulfite free but decadent food. I had three courses and all were divine. My spouse was equally delighted.They even had gluten free bread!
I used the fitness center which was clean and had a water bottle, towel and individual headsets. I even had the whole place to myself! I had an amazing foot and leg treatment in the spa (sea and salt scrub) I wish I could give you the lovely woman's name, she was wonderful! The spa has a relaxing and welcoming feel, and guests can use their facilities (check out the shower with 6 sprays, yummy soaps, and the luscious robes) They bring you marshmellows dipped in chocolate and cookies in the afternoon along with the weather forecast; I wasn't able to eat them but my spouse raved about them!) This place just makes you feel so special...It's also very close to Portland where they have wonderful shops and restaurants, including places like Becky's Diner and Bam Bam Bakery (thanks again Eva!!) where they have gluten free bread, yum yum. I even discovered a place called Portland Pies with wheat free/dairy free pizza (ate the whole thing in one sitting!
This was a very special birthday that I will never, ever forget. Thank- you Inn by the Sea, Eva ,and a special hug and thanks to my sweetie for finding this wonderful place.

Room Tip: Leave your robe, slippers and toiletries at home.
2  Thank TeacherLaur
IBTSDOSM, Director of Sales at Inn by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Dear TeacherLaur,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Inn by the Sea on TripAdvisor! We truly appreciate your feedback in regards to our accommodations, Spa, Cardio Room and Sea Glass dining experience. I’m so delighted to read that our culinary department was able to deliver you and your spouse a wonderful meal meeting your needs and exceeding your expectations! We are also very excited that you mention our staff by name in your review. They truly make the difference in delivering a positive travel experience to our guests and we are very lucky to have such a wonderful, seasoned and dedicated staff on hand to serve our guest needs. Again, thank you so much for the kind review. We do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and Happy Belated Birthday!

Richard Carroll, Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,057)

Reviewed March 16, 2012

We stayed two nights in March and everything as usual was Perfect! Our room was so comfortable. The dinner was 5 stars. Spa service top notch. Service from all employees was outstanding. Thank you and hopefully see you soon.

1  Thank FoxRidgeNorthConway
IBTSDOSM, Director of Sales at Inn by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Dear FoxRidgeNorthConway,

Thank you for your recent review of Inn by the Sea on TripAdvisor. I’m so happy to read your positive comments about our accommodations, eco-friendly Spa and “5 Star” dining experience in our Sea Glass Restaurant. Also, we truly appreciate your feedback on all of our wonderful employees making your return to the Inn by the Sea another wonderful experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the southern coast of Maine this year! Richard Carroll, Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed March 12, 2012

My husband and I could not be more pleased with our stay at The Inn. The staff is very warm, welcoming and helpful. Our room was beautifully appointed and comfortable with a great view.The Spa services were excellent. Our dinner at Sea Glass was most enjoyable and very relaxing. Hats off to the entire staff for the 5 star service and making us feel right at home! We will be back again.

2  Thank Saugerties
IBTSDOSM, Director of Sales at Inn by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Dear Saugerties,

Thank you for your recent review of Inn by the Sea on TripAdvisor! We are delighted to read your positive feedback in regards to our accommodations, eco friendly Spa, Sea Glass Restaurant and most of all our warm, welcoming staff! We are all very proud that we were able to deliver a 5 star travel experience to you and your husband and we look forward to your next visit to the Inn by the Sea.
Richard Carroll, Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Love to spend a weekend at this hotel, nothing's more relaxing. The restaurant is excellent, and a long walk on the beach is the perfect answer if you over-indulge. We normally have a party of 6 when staying, which they can always accomodate with their suites.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank fabthunder
IBTSDOSM, Director of Sales at Inn by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Dear fabthunder,

Thank you for your recent review of the Inn by the Sea on TripAdvisor and thank you for your positive comments regarding our accommodations and Sea Glass dining experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the southern coast of Maine in the future! Richard Carroll, Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed February 25, 2012

We were looking for a quiet getaway and found all we could have hoped for. The Inn may be the most welcoming inn I've seen in years. The rooms, restaurant, lounge and spa were all wonderful. We drove around the area and will definitely return later in the spring to spend some time at Fort Williams.

Room Tip: We had a fireplace room with a view of the ocean. Great in the late winter.
2  Thank Denise_and_Dana

Dear Denise_and_Dana,

Thank you for your recent review of the Inn by the Sea on TripAdvisor and thank you for your positive comments regarding our accommodations, Sea Glass Restaurant and eco-friendly spa. We also appreciate your comments in regards to welcoming staff as well and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn by the Sea in the near future. Richard Carroll, Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Had the opportunity (GroupOn) to spend two winter, albeit snowless, nights at the Inn By the Sea. With views of the ocean, a short walk to the beach, a short hop to Portland, and a friendly, attentive staff and gracious amenities ( for human and canines alike) this was a welcomed and wonderful retreat. The Sea Glass restaurant on site was superb with entrees cooked to taste and perfection.....saving my pennies to return to this wonderful Inn.

2  Thank sarluk
IBTSDOSM, Director of Sales at Inn by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Dear sarluck,

Thank you for your review of Inn by the Sea on TripAdvisor! I’m delighted to read that our property and staff members were able to provide you with a wonderful retreat. We look forward to welcoming you back to the southern coast of Maine in the near future! Richard Carroll, Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed February 21, 2012

This place is a class act! We felt welcome even with our two dogs!
Great people, food and the accomodations are wonderful.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
IBTSDOSM, Director of Sales at Inn by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Dear kingfisher01,

Thank you for your review of Inn by the Sea on TripAdvisor! I’m delighted to read that the Inn was able to deliver a positive travel experience to you and your VIP’s (Very Important Pets). We look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn sometime in the near future! Richard Carroll, Director of Sales & Marketing.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Elizabeth
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront
The Westin Portland Harborview
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine
Portland Regency Hotel & Spa

Been to Inn by the Sea? Share your experiences!