We recently spent an overnight at the Inn as a respite following my son's wedding in Portland. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. Our standard room in the main hotel was wonderful. Room and bath quite spacious; well decorated with screened windows we could open to hear the waves (no blacony in our room). Although we had somewhat of a view of the water, the beach was actually a bit away. At the end of the property there is a small "boardwalk" through the woods which lands you on a sand beach and hotel staff delivering chairs and umbrellas. Very relaxing, although I am spoiled by our Jersey beaches. We had a fabulous dinner in the restaurant (get the scallops). Went over to Prouts Neck the next morning for breakfast and cliff walk. Amazing!
Although everything was perfect, I couldn't help thinking about the price for this room- $434 paid in full in March and then $70 tacked on for taxes. This was just for the room-no breakfast or dinner. We have traveled rather extensively and stayed at 5star hotels, but somehow there was just something not quite there. Would I stay there again? You bet- but for $275. Let me know when you have a sale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- After a multi million dollar renovation the eco luxury Inn by the Sea is Maine's premier beach destination. Located on a mile of unspoiled beach guests enjoy intimate dining in the ocean view Sea Glass celebrating Maine fare, relax in the spa or fireplace lounge. Spacious redesigned suites, rooms & cottages w oversized bathrooms, or full kitchens, or fireplaces. Child & Pet friendly! 5 acre indigenous garden,pool, bocce, fire pit, golf nearby. 10 mins to Portland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Inn By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn By The Sea Hotel Cape Elizabeth
- Inn By The Sea Maine/Cape Elizabeth