“wonderful views of the coast”

Two Lights State Park
Book In Advance
More Info
$119.00*
and up
Full Day Maine Lighthouse Trail Tour from Nashua NH
Reviewed August 13, 2013

great place for a walk or picnic, along the water
doesn't matter good weather or bad you'll love the views
and the new updates to the area.
hope you luck

There are newer reviews for Two Lights State Park

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The lighthouse shown in the photo is NOT IN Two Lights State Park. It is on US Coast Guard property and is surrounded by private homes. There is no public access to the either of the two lighthouses, although they can be viewed from the rocks at the end of Two Lights Road, where there is a parking lot (as well as the Lobster Shack, for food).

The Two Lights Park entrance is off Two Lights Road before you get to the end. It offers lovely walks along a rocky shore, with picnic tables, rest rooms, barbecues, and a children's playground and picnic shelter convenient to the parking lot. Just don't expect to picnic close to a lighthouse inside the park, it's not possible here. Also, the state has allowed invasive plants to run rampant over the native flora, so soon it will be totally overrun with kudzu-like vines and bushes that are foreign to Maine, eliminating the "Maine" look of the vegetation in the park. Shameful. I walk here daily, and it is getting steadily worse with every passing year.

3  Thank Mary H
Reviewed July 3, 2013

It was low tide when we visited, so we walked way out on the rocks and were able to see three other lighthouses in the distance. The sound of the fog horn receded as we ventured out further. It was deafening close in, but gradually the fog horn got softer even as the sound of the surf increased.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I followed the signs to this park successfully, but when I got there, I was really confused on how to get to the lighthouses. I followed one road that took me to a parking lot with pot holes and I could see the light on the hill, but was never sure how to get to it exactly. I found one road, but it looked more like a private drive for the residences in that area. Next time I hope to have more time to drive around it or find someone to ask directions.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We visited this park on our way to the restaurant. If you have time, be sure to take time and walk around.