“Recommend this motel...”
Review of Canaan Motel

Canaan Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Canaan
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have stayed at this motel several times over the last 10 years or so. Our recent stay was just last week (week of August 6th). It's a very small motel with a friendly staff. It's quiet even though off of a main thoroughfare (Rt 2). The grounds are clean, the rooms are clean and very spacious with double sink. Room had a nice size refrigerator and microwave oven. Towels and washcloths were fluffy not the flat ones in most hotel chains. I didn't use the pool area during this trip so I can't really comment on that. This motel is definitely worth my money. The only reason I couldn't give a 5 rating was the TV is a 19" old style and was up too high on wall. Hard to watch such a small TV from the beds especially since rooms are large. Motel should consider getting the newer 32" TV's.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
22  Thank Roadrunner T
There are newer reviews for Canaan Motel

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stop in Canaan the motel is right on Rt 2 and is a good place to stay at a very reasonable price. It is close to Skowhegan and Pittsfield. The new pool will be open soon. Enjoy your stay in the land of milk and honey!! You can even take a rine down Easy Street once you are in Canaan.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
17  Thank SteveAugusta_Maine
Reviewed July 25, 2011

A nice little inexpensive motel run by wonderful people. I always stay here on my way through Maine to and from Nova Scotia. It is quiet and clean with an indoor pool and spa. The owners are very friendly and helpful. Also the gas station next door usually has the best prices for gas in Maine. Pet friendly for a small extra charge. Some rooms have a kitchenette.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
15  Thank capebreton_bound
Reviewed July 28, 2009

my family and i stayed there this past friday and it was a great experience ..rooms were super clean...pool and hot tub was a great bonus..also it was great that liz had a pack n play available for my 15month old.....i would recommended to friends and family..we will be back soon...thanks

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
16  Thank jernscott
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We had a family reunion in the area, so 28 family members and 2 pets stayed here at the Canaan motel. The owners and staff were very friendly and very accommadating. Rooms are very reasonable, very roomy and super clean. Would definately recommend to anyone to stay here and would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
15  Thank mcfaddenk
Reviewed June 30, 2009

I've been staying at the Canaan Motel for approx. the last 6-7 years during deer hunting. Last year my pick up broke down on a paper company road! What to do?? I called the motel, and got Liz. She asked where I was located, and told me she'd call right back. She did, and lo and behold my helper was Gary. They helped me get the truck to there house, and offered to let me use Gary's truck. I'm a mechanic, and told Gary I needed an alternator. He said no problem. He ordered it, and I had it the next morning I had it, and repaired it using Gary's tools. I don't care where your from, but it's like being with family when I'm staying with them. God Bless you guys!!
Sincerely, Brett Aither
P.S.- See you in November!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
11  Thank BRETTAITHER
Reviewed October 29, 2008

A small motel, but very clean and easy to find. Quiet town, so rooms were quiet, even though on main street.

Coffee and Tea along with homemade donuts were available for breakfast.

Guests are made to feel very welcomed.

Definately would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
8  Thank Rosalie J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canaan
Fireside Inn & Suites
Bingham Motor Inn & Sports Complex
Hampton Inn Waterville
Hampton Inn Waterville
#1 of 6 in Waterville

Been to Canaan Motel? Share your experiences!