All reviews vintage room rooftop bar bar manager boutique hotel heated bathroom floors soaking tub quiche beautiful hotel drinks and appetizers gas fireplace signature cocktails my husband and i granola beautiful bathroom rain shower camden harbor plush towels
Selected filters
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were waiting for dinner at 5
For a local restaurant to open
we shopped at all the wonderful shops in Camden
We decided we wanted to sit and relax
We went to 16 Bay View Hotel for the most amazing
View in Maine
Very relaxing and the chairs are comfortable
I had a FRENCH 16 and Parmesan snack
So good -so nice staff is friendly nice breeze and
A view you just can’t believe until you experience it!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
lcimanager, Guest Relations Manager at 16 Bay View, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Greetings doreenlynnr,

Thank you for taking the time to review our rooftop terrace and bar, The View! We are so grateful that you stopped in for a drink and a snack. Thank you for your kind words on our staff as well as our comfortable venue. The view is unparalleled in Camden, possibly even the Midcoast! Thank you again for your patronage, and we hope you return soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

I recently stayed in Camden at 16 Bayview and loved the hotel, the staff, the service and the rooms. Kudos to Matthew and his team for such a warm welcome and for so many thoughtful details. I loved the easy to use fireplace in my room and sent pictures home to my wife of the truly gorgeous black marble bathrooms. The multi-head shower was a nice treat. My room was a part of the old vehicle showroom and the floors from the show room were preserved and made a lovely historic feature. I did leave my sleeping clothes behind in a drawer and the team gladly sent them to me the same day I noticed that I forgot them.

Room tip: My room had a fireplace and balcony that were really nice. Room 26.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
lcimanager, Guest Relations Manager at 16 Bay View, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Dear James H H,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! No corners are cut here at 16 Bay View, and we are glad that you noticed the attention the detail that make our rooms feel so luxurious and comfortable. The gas fireplaces and rain showerheads are excellent highlights of what our rooms have to offer. Thank you so much for the generous words on our staff and service. I will share this with the rest of the team as we are always excited to receive great feedback! We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

I was fortunate enough to spend two nights at 16 Bay View this past week and loved everything it has to offer. Had time permitted, I would have slept for ages in those beds as they were the most comfortable I've slept in, in a long time. The historic nature of the building was not lost during the renovation a few years back and the best details were preserved for the hotel. I was impressed by the space of the lobby and the windows looking out at Camden town were a great place to work and drink coffee on a rainy afternoon.

I don't believe there is a better roof top bar in all of Maine. That view is just stunning and a great way to take in the evening. Everyone working at the hotel was in sync and the atmosphere is a clear reflection of the hard working managers. I cannot wait to return.

Room tip: Bay Side!! 32 or 33
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
lcimanager, Guest Relations Manager at 16 Bay View, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2018

Dear Anthony D,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a wonderful review! Your comments on everything from our beds to our lobby and bar areas are
greatly appreciated. One focus during construction was to leave some of the original architecture and pay homage to what this building once was with old canvas photos hung throughout the hotel. Everyone involved plays a large role in making sure that all guests are dazzled from the moment they step inside to the moment they depart. We are all very excited to hear you had such a fantastic experience, and can't wait for you to return!

Reviewed June 11, 2018

I needed a one night stop over on my way to Islesboro that had foot access to good restaurants . After a long drive I arrived and parked readily. I was pleasantly surprised when I found my room (king suite with bay view). I sat on the balcony and enjoyed the view for a bit, but soon found the wine bar, The Vintage Room, in the lobby calling my name.
The wine bar is a comfortable spot to have cocktails and small plates, and wine. The wine was hand selected by the bar manager/bar tender and the several wines I tried were very palatable. The apps were also very tasty. I then walked 30 steps to dinner at a nice restaurant on the water. After which I walked 15 steps to after dinner drinks at another nice restaurant on the water (the rooftop bar at 16 Bay View was not yet open for the season). There are several restaurants and little shops in this dead end waterfront development (I believe the property is all owned by the same company), which makes this quick transitioning possible. I arrived back at my room to sleep soundly. I awoke to enjoy the high tech shower and an early lunch at a restaurant 20 paces away... I plan to return this Summer and do it all over again, except with the inclusion of the rooftop bar.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear M J,

Thank you so much for the great review of your stay with us at 16 Bay View! Our premier location is perfect for anyone looking to just park
the car and forget about it, with nearly a dozen restaurants and many more shops within easy walking distance. Thank you for your compliments on our lobby bar, The Vintage Room. Our chef Andrea works very hard to keep our menu fresh and delicious! We can't wait for you to return soon and experience it all over again along our crown jewel, The View Terrace and Bar! Thank you again for choosing us, and for your time writing us a review.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at 16 Bay View. The room was lovely but the view was why we stayed in a harbor view room. Even though it was a drizzly day, we enjoyed walking around the town and then coming back and watching the water.

Room tip: Get the View~
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
lcimanager, Guest Relations Manager at 16 Bay View, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Dear Spinmom1,

Thank you for taking a moment to write us a review! Sometimes a light drizzle can add to the coziness of Camden, and I'm glad you enjoyed relaxing on your balcony during your stay! Thank you for the compliment on our rooms as well as our premier downtown location. We look forward to seeing you the next time you stay in Camden.