Tripadvisor
Camden
Review Highlights
Most pleasant day in Maine

This is the second year I have gone fishing with Mike and the fourth trip I have taken with him... read more

Reviewed August 27, 2019
BlairGraber
Best morning fishing ever!

Do yourself a favor and book a trip with Mike. I went with my daughter for a special treat on our... read more

Reviewed July 23, 2019
Anne3905
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed fishing with Mike. It was the best fishing experience I have ever had. He knows the best spots on the lake to fish. I got the biggest fish I have ever caught with Mike as my guide. From Marah

Thanks for a great day of fishing. Everything about Mike was professional including his equipment and knowledge. I would highly recommend a trip with Mike . My 10 year old daughter caught some of the biggest fish she has ever caught today. When we were leaving she said she wanted to give mike a 5 star review. Here it is.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

My buddy and I went on a half-day fishing trip on Lake Megunticook with Mike. The guided trip was a Father’s Day gift from our wives. It ended up being one of the best gifts I’ve ever been given in my life. Big reason why: Mike is awesome! He’s a fantastic guide and really knows what he is doing. His knowledge of this lake is so impressive; he knew all the hot spots to take us and he put us on some nice fish. More than just his knowledge, Mike’s a great guide because he’s a good dude all around; very personable and fun to hang out with. This was my first guided fishing trip but it will not be my last and for sure I’ll be heading back north to fish with Mike again! Maybe I’ll get my wife a guided trip with Mike as a Mother’s Day present and I’ll tag along?!

Thanks again Mike and keep up the good work!!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed June 28, 2018

Mike guided my son-in-law and myself on a half-day of bass fishing on Lake Migunticook. It was a beautiful morning on a classic Maine lake. The large canoe-like boat was stable and easy to fish from. We each caught about half a dozen bass; one of mine was a very nice 3 pounder. My son-in-law used a fly rod and I used a spinning rig. Mike provided all the gear. Mike thought the fishing was slow, but I had a great time. We got a nice up-close view of a nesting immature bald eagle. I plan on calling Mike again next year when we come back to Camden.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank GiberttheDad
Mike K, Owner at Mike Kinney Maine Guide, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

Thank you Gibert. It was an absolute pleasure. I'm looking forward to fishing with you again next year. Next time, we can work on fly casting and get you a brook trout on one of those bamboo fly rods.

Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

Had the pleasure of spending two half days with Mike last week. He was very knowledgeable and personable. I've gone out with many guides and this was one of my most enjoyable experiences.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed August 13, 2017

I had the pleasure of hiring Mike this summer for a fishing excursion on Lake Megunticook. It was just him and I and the great outdoors. He was extremely knowledgeable about the massive lake... where to go, what lures to use, etc... and his boat was super comfortable. It was an awesome experience all around, even with a little bit of rain. He's such a great personable guy that I am already looking forward to my next outing with him at the end of the summer.

Date of experience: June 2017