Tripadvisor
Camden
Review Highlights
Most pleasant day in Maine

This is the second year I have gone fishing with Mike and the fourth trip I have taken with him... read more

Reviewed August 27, 2019
BlairGraber
Best morning fishing ever!

Do yourself a favor and book a trip with Mike. I went with my daughter for a special treat on our... read more

Reviewed July 23, 2019
Anne3905
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 28, 2018

Mike guided my son-in-law and myself on a half-day of bass fishing on Lake Migunticook. It was a beautiful morning on a classic Maine lake. The large canoe-like boat was stable and easy to fish from. We each caught about half a dozen bass; one of mine was a very nice 3 pounder. My son-in-law used a fly rod and I used a spinning rig. Mike provided all the gear. Mike thought the fishing was slow, but I had a great time. We got a nice up-close view of a nesting immature bald eagle. I plan on calling Mike again next year when we come back to Camden.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank GiberttheDad
Mike K, Owner at Mike Kinney Maine Guide, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

Thank you Gibert. It was an absolute pleasure. I'm looking forward to fishing with you again next year. Next time, we can work on fly casting and get you a brook trout on one of those bamboo fly rods.

Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

Had the pleasure of spending two half days with Mike last week. He was very knowledgeable and personable. I've gone out with many guides and this was one of my most enjoyable experiences.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed August 13, 2017

I had the pleasure of hiring Mike this summer for a fishing excursion on Lake Megunticook. It was just him and I and the great outdoors. He was extremely knowledgeable about the massive lake... where to go, what lures to use, etc... and his boat was super comfortable. It was an awesome experience all around, even with a little bit of rain. He's such a great personable guy that I am already looking forward to my next outing with him at the end of the summer.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed July 7, 2017

My fly fishing trip with Mike was absolutely the highlight of my travels through mid-coast Maine.

It was my first time fly-fishing. And, knowing that I had been spending some of my time hiking in the Camden Hills, Mike suggested that we take a hiking/wading trip on a local stream.

I loved the opportunity to hike in through the lush woods pierced by beams of sunlight through the canopy, wade into the water among the trickles and rushes, and hear only the sounds of the soothing water, the raven's call, or the beavers stirring in their den. In its simplicity, fly fishing seemed only an extension of that peaceful environment... the (sometimes) graceful movement of the line gliding through the air ... the fly gently resting the surface of the water, .... no "zings" or "clicks" from the traditional rod and reel.

Mike made me realize that this is truly the best part of Maine. Whether you are a local, a traveler, or a tourist, escape the harbor/coastal scene and spend some time taking in the other side of Maine ... all of the majestically serene beauty that the woods and water and has to offer.

Mike is professional, knowledgeable, patient, and an excellent teacher. Also, accommodating... When thunderstorms threatened our morning plans, he suggested that we try for the afternoon instead.

I can't wait for the return trip!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 28, 2017

Just fished with MIKE and had a GREAT time. Contacted MIKE a couple of days earlier when a planned trip fell through and he made time to take me out at the last minute. Communication via email was quick and clear, directions to the pond were excellent, MIKES knowledge of the pond, the fish, and the boat were superb. I do not fish fresh water often but MIKE made sure I knew what to do. I took photos of loons, saw an eagle (too far away to photograph) and caught large and small mouth bass. INCREDIBLE DAY ON the WATER. IF YOU WANT a GREAT DAY ON THE WATER (and TO CATCH FISH) GO WITH MIKE.....

Date of experience: May 2017