This was by far the most elegent and romantic bed and breakfast we have ever visited. The decor of the Inn was warm, comfortable and inviting. Our room was in the Carriage House which had a lovely patio and rock garden and overlooked the Celtic Gardens in the back of the main Inn. So private, peaceful and relaxing.
We thoroughly enjoyed the Jacuzzi tub and took advantage of the wonderful bath salts that our hostess provided. And the luxurious bath robes --- AHHH! Our four-poster bed was topped by a thick feather mattress and we slept like logs. We enjoyed it so much we stayed an extra day!
Breakfast was served on the back porch. Breakfast Burritos with homemade mango salsa. Delicious! Our second day started with a breakfast of Lime Yoghurt and fruit followed with Belgian Waffles with Maple Pecan topping.
Our hostess, Maryanne Shanahan, was friendly, caring, and a very interesting person to talk to. She was able to give us tips on where to eat in Camden and where to stay as we moved up the cost of Maine.
My husband and I would love to go back again sometime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian mansion with spacious, beautifully appointed rooms, just 180 steps from the Harbor and a short walk to the picturesque sailing village of Camden, Maine. Warm, inviting, comfortable, serene, plenty of seating in the garden; an oasis in Camden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Hawthorn Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Inn Hotel Camden
- Hawthorn Inn Camden, Maine