Look no further...this is the place!
My wife and I travel to New England every September to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and we explore various towns along the coast. We’ve now been to Camden twice and intend to return. We discovered the Hawthorn on our second visit. What was great is that because parking is such a challenge in Camden, the Hawthorn's location (a block from the harbor) allowed us to never move our car. It has an exceptionally beautiful harbor, and the Hawthorn Inn has the best location from which to enjoy it. The innkeeper, Maryanne Shanahan, takes very good care of her guests and pays attention to the little details that make a stay special...i.e. luxurious linens & comfortable robes. The impressive home and carriage house are set back from the street. The backyard garden has an alluring garden gate which leads to a short-cut walk to the harbor. Breakfasts are delicious, and served beautifully-- the first course, fruit in a tall martini glass, is a lovely way to start the day. We highly recommend the Hawthorn Inn and count it among our favorites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian mansion with spacious, beautifully appointed rooms, just 180 steps from the Harbor and a short walk to the picturesque sailing village of Camden, Maine. Warm, inviting, comfortable, serene, plenty of seating in the garden; an oasis in Camden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hawthorn Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Inn Hotel Camden
- Hawthorn Inn Camden, Maine