I was late arriving- flight was changed so spent 3 hours in Philly airport. Got my car at Bangor airport and headed to Camden when the rain started- it was dark, wet and I couldn't find the Inn! Maryann was so understanding.
I stayed in the Emma Knight room and it was perfect. It was actually a suite as they had opened up another room for a sitting area. It was neat, clean, well stocked with soap, toilet paper, towels, clean linens. I slept like a baby there! The staff was courteous and did an excellent job tidying up the room .
Gourmet breakfast was served inside as the rain just wouldn't quit. Fruit cups, juice and coffee followed by fresh blueberry pancakes one day, salmon breakfast quesadillas another and a souffle the 3rd morning. I never went away hungry!
I was 6months removed from radiation therapy for cancer so was still having some problems with side effects. Maryann told me if I experienced any problems after I checked out and before I left the area, I was more than welcome to come back. thank you Maryann!
I enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend The Hawthorn to anyone who asks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian mansion with spacious, beautifully appointed rooms, just 180 steps from the Harbor and a short walk to the picturesque sailing village of Camden, Maine. Warm, inviting, comfortable, serene, plenty of seating in the garden; an oasis in Camden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hawthorn Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Inn Hotel Camden
- Hawthorn Inn Camden, Maine