Hawthorn Inn
$78
Lord Camden Inn(Camden)(Great Value!)
$109
$159
$279
$184
Hotwire.com
The Towne Motel(Camden)(Great Value!)
$94
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Whitehall(Camden)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscarriage housemy husband and iturret roomb bshort walkother guestsboth morningsfood allergiesseparate showereach morningnew ownerswonderful hostslovely homefresh flowerstwo coursesthe main housebreakfast was delicious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We spent three nights in splendid luxurious comfort at the Hawthorn Inn; our particular room was small, but still adequate. Our gourmet breakfast every morning was great compensation for our small room. Location of the Inn was most convenient...we walked to and from town easily, which was great, as parking in the small village of Camden seemed to be difficult. Our Inn Keeper Marianne circled the city map's numerous restaurants, telling us firmly only to go to the ones she circled!!!! That certainly did pay off! We had excellent dinners all three nights of our stay...

Room Tip: Marianne will be happy to explain details of available accommodations.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carolynb351
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I found this wonderful B&B last May and celebrated his birthday and Mother's Day here. We loved our room and the atmosphere of the Inn so much we decided to come back for our 10th wedding anniversary. The owner, Maryanne, called me to confirm all the details of our reservation and I mentioned we were thinking of renewing our vows. After learning they handle weddings, I ran some ideas by her. She worked with me to make all the arrangements, and helped with suggestions. In the end, we had 2 couples come with us and stay at the Inn. We needed a Pastor for the ceremony. She offered several choices, and we decided on using her Pastor. He was absolutely wonderful. Since it was a small gathering, Maryanne offered to take care of the dinner arrangements at the Inn. She gave me a large selection of hors d'oeuvres, salad, main dinner and dessert to choose from. Everything was just perfect! We held the ceremony in the garden in the backyard, had the hors d'oeuvres on the patio and dinner in the dining room. We will continue to return for our anniversary each year - I can't imagine spending it anywhere else!

Maryanne and Bill are fabulous hosts. They get to know their guests, and offer very personalized service. They enjoy sharing their knowledge of the area, things to do, where to go, restaurants, etc. The morning breakfasts are terrific. Local foods, organic, freshly prepared and served to you. Their staff is very professional as well. The rooms are varied with different sizes and amenities. I can't say enough good things about this Inn. Come and visit!

Room Tip: check out their website - they show pictures of all the rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LBW814
Reviewed August 14, 2012

There are many things you wish for in a bed and breakfast you don't get. It's a personal experience that should feel like home, but with strangers around--YET--my recent experience at the Hawthorne in Camden was the BEST yet, and my wife and I travel frequently. Plus everyone who stayed was someone worth meeting!
You can eat more lobster because the breakfasts are healthy, fresh, and very tasty (good for all palates and if you don't want what's offered there's a second amazing option--for those gluten free, can't eat greens, etc).
You can walk into town and figure your own way, OR you can ask Maryanne and Bill and they will have the best suggestion 100% of the time. Like you're a local, just with a camera.
The rooms are clean, spacious and nice--the staff is friendly as can be--and I guarantee you this will be above par with what you've stayed in so far, and is the best in the area.

As for Camden--go, just go. Perfect town with amazing food, great hikes and scenery, good water and land activities, and also a nice place to just rest. There are tourists, but they all came for the same reason, to get away, but not be so away you can't enjoy yourself.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We selected The Hawthorn Inn for my parents 60th wedding anniversary celebration and thanks to Maryann and Bill and their beautiful inn, this was an absolutely perfect weekend. The Inn is nestled in beautiful Camden, Maine in walking distance from both the town and the harbor, with a rolling green back yard and lovely gardens. Each room in the big, comfortable Victorian home is beautifully furnished and with attention to every detail. The icing on the cake was Maryann's delicious two-course breakfasts on the terrace and the catered dinner celebration. Our entire family will forever have the most wonderful memories of a monumental occasion celebrated in perfect surroundings. Thank you Maryann and Bill!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My fiancé and I stayed here for three days in June and cannot stop talking about the Inn keepers, Maryanne and Bill! They were so gracious and accommodating. Maryanne greeted us with warmth and generosity. She packed us a picnic, gave us a backpack for hiking and was very helpful in suggesting wonderful places to dine. Being "foodies" ourselves we appreciated her passion for cuisine. The backyard was right next to the harbor and was great for walking to the adorable downtown area. The accommodations were charming and well kept. She also took great care in preparing breakfast every morning, which were always fresh and very tasty! We were thankful for the great care in which they give each guest and cannot rave enough about our experience!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple