This really is our favorite place on the Maine coast. We have stayed in other places in Camden and up and down the coast but this is the place we go back to for a weekend getaway even though it is an hour from home. We love Mary Jo and Michael. They are outstanding people and extremely talented, he in producing the most fabulous meals and she in creating a wonderful relaxing place one longs to return to. We always marvel at the quality of the staff who seem proud to there,as though they are invested in the place, seem always happy welcome guests and are very competent and attentive,
The rooms are great, a blend of modern comfort and vintage charm without being dated, faded or aged as some B&B's can be. We have favorites and recommend upgrading though even their most modest accomodations are comfy. The breakfasts are increidble, full, satisfying, tasty, and beautiful.
We like the cocktail hour gathering before dinner in which they offer specially priced drink (a $5 basil martini when we were there last!) though other drinks are available as well. A pleasant conversation with other guests can usually be had before you go in to dinner. Dinner is an experience that will bring you back over and over. If you think you have had the best of lobster, you need to try Michael's. I want to get in the car right now and drive there for dinner, just thinking about it.
For a really fun experience, sign up for the cooking weekend package. Not only do you get a fabulous dinner but also an afternoon cooking with Michael, who is as much fun as he is talented in the kitchen. You may be inspired to inquire about their foody tours to Italy, France or Spain, events that you can watch videos of at your breakfast table. Imagine taking the Harstone Inn cooking weekend experinece and moving to a villa in Tuscany!! Oh my, an experience of a lifetime, but that is another review!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fine dining B&B Fodor's considers "An elegant and sophisticated retreat and culinary destination offering a unique experience in pampered luxury." Recipient of AAA's 4 Diamond Award of excellence for lodging and dining. Luxurious amenities include: memorable multi-course breakfast, fine linens & robes, down comforters and pillows, gas fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs, MP3 players, TV/DVD, complementary WiFi and guest computers. Enhance your stay w/a gourmet picnic, massage or become Chef for the Day! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Hartstone Inn & Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hartstone Inn And Hideaway
- Hartstone Inn & Hideaway Hotel Camden
- Hartstone Inn & Hideaway Camden, Maine