This was our first visit to the New England area and easily, one of the most pleasant of all our Love Project destinations to date.
Jesse greeted us at a very late hour (we drove from Boston) and in the midst of a spectacular lightening storm! The Windrose suite is a particularly romantic room complete with an old fashion clawfoot tub, thee most comfortable bed we have experienced yet on this venture, and fresh flowers to boot from the inn's plentiful gardens.
Kristen and Jesse make your stay easy and relaxed with your very own breakfast menu to peruse each morning and their willingness to make suggestions for activities, reservations for dinner, or just to chat about the history of the town. Ask to throw the ball around with the adorably sweet "Moxie" (the resident Labradoodle).
Camden is evidence of a phenomenon no one ever talks about: NORTHERN hospitality! We were so amazed (simply because we're not used to it!) and very pleased with the genuine "hello's" & "nice weather we're having" comments received from most locals as we passed by them in town.
And because food is such an important piece of our traveling adventures, it bears mentioning that we were in shellfish heaven for this long weekend! We did not experience one subpar meal the entire time (we're still dreaming about those lobster rolls). Go sailing with one of the many Schooner outfitters (we went with the Olad) for gorgeous views of the coastline.
Thank you for participating Kristen & Jesse! We're so glad we chose the Windward House!
Marco & Lisa from aloveproject
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful Bed and Breakfast is rich in charm and history. 1 block from the harbor, stores and restaurants. Walking distance to everything including hiking trails and schooner boats. The Inn is friendly and has all modern day amenities. Breakfast is a menu style and made to order. Tea and treats are available during the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Camden Windward House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camden Windward House Hotel Camden
- Camden Windward House Maine