“Absolute perfect place for us!”

Camden Windward House
Ranked #4 of 19 Camden B&B and Inns
East Conway, NH
“Absolute perfect place for us!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I couldn't ask for a better B&B. The location is ideal-- right in town, within walking distance to everything, including the trail up a small mtn. The owners are wonderfully laid back and friendly. I had delicious home baked fresh cookies when I arrived! The room was amazing and included a TV and movies and a comfy couch and a great bathroom, plus a full super comfy king bed. The price was so so reasonable for off-season (thank you!) and the breakfast= best I've ever had!!! They made me gluten-free pancakes without any hesitation. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone, but would especially recommend it to someone with dietary restrictions. They do fantastic gluten-free, vegan and I have no doubt could meet everyone's needs with grace and high quality. I can't wait to stay here again and again...

Room Tip: Chart Room was super roomy and comfy!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Boston
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My Honey took me to a nice B&B in Camden, Maine last weekend called the Windward House. Our room had a private entrance, gas 'wood' stove, vaulted ceilings, large windows, private deck, jacuzzi tub, and came with a great breakfast (with vegetarian bacon or sausage options!).

It snowed lightly that evening, making a pretty scene to look at through the large windows, while we snuggled next to the fire with a glass of wine.

Kristen Bifulco, one of the Innkeepers, came out and chatted with us during breakfast about the area and things to do.

We had a very memorable stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
maine
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is a great place to stay.Great location to every thing in Camden. Very walkable. Friendly hosts both were very easy to talk to, seemed like getting a cup of their excellent coffee sitting by the pretty fireplace or sitting in the simple dinning room with them would have been a very nice and interesting thing to do. They run a very nice place.We stayed in the brass room on the 2nd floor it was clean, spacious, comfortable with a great queen brass bed,2 comfortable chairs a table lots of lights large chest of draws a small flat screen tv and a large bright bathroom with heat a window a large shower with 2 seats and lot of shelves for storage. and a huge private deck over looking the back yard with many plantings and gardens and trees.With the leaves down we had a nice view of mount battie and the star on the top. very nice. The room as was the whole house was very quiet inside. We had a great nights sleep. Breakfast was very nice. there is coffee ready at 7:00 am breakfast was served from 7:30 to 9:30 you get a menu with options breakfast starts with a small bowl of fresh fruit several choices of juice then pancakes waffles eggs plus the best bacon we have had or sausage.There is also a special of the day. In 2 days wife had cheddar mushroom omelet and orange yoghourt pancakes, I had the same pancakes and eggs Benedict which were excellent, very nice portions you started your day full of very good comfort food. They serve quality food that can be made vegan or gulton free. There are many B&Bs in Camden I do not think you could make a bad choice, but when you add it all up location, friendly, breakfast with time and food choices all in a clean,, simple, unpretentious home and a good value This is the place. We shall return.

Room Tip: all rooms are different check website they offer good descriptions and accurate pictures
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
South Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights at the Windward House Inn in Camden in October.
The friendly welcome by Jesse and Kristi was the start of a great stay. The inn is perfectly situated for the town and waterfront with excellent restaurants and shops.
The room was very comfortable and, unusually for an inn, a choice of breakfasts was provided which were first class. Jesse, there's always room for you at our house in Wales.
If you're travelling the Maine coast, you will not find better.
Ignore my rating of swimming pool - there was not one but that made no difference when there was so much to do in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have stayed at the Windward House multiple times over a ten year span. I very much enjoy Kristi and Jesse's attention to details with each of our visits. They have even had my favorite breakfast made for me two different visits! I LOVE the short walk to downtown Camden and the view of the Bay from the lawn at the Library. I have stayed in most of the rooms at the Inn and find I enjoy the room off the main sitting area and the room with its own entrance near the drive way (can't recall the "current" room names!) I look forward to each of my visits to my "home away from home".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Camden Windward House is a lovely guest house close to the centre of camden. The breakfasts are to die for and the hosts, Kristi and Jesse were fantastic. The organised a trip for us to catch our own lobster then cooked it for us in the evening...fantastic service.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had only two nights in this beautiful, historic B&B, but wished it could have been more. Located only a few blocks from the downtown and harbor area. No need to worry about driving. Park in the private lot and go! Our room was on the second floor and was gorgeous. A dreamy comfortable bed with period furniture and a clean and spacious bathroom. Each morning we were greeted with a delicious home made breakfast. It was so enjoyable meeting the other guests and chatting over coffee and wonderful food. Our hosts were friendly and helpful with any questions we had. We highly recommend this lovely B&B for anyone visiting picturesque Camden.

Room Tip: Pick any one!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple