“Great food and attention to detail”
Review of Blackberry Inn

and 1 more site!
Blackberry Inn
Ranked #7 of 19 Camden B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington, DC
“Great food and attention to detail”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I liked everything about my stay at the Inns at Blackberry Common. As a 'bed and breakfast' both the beds and the breakfast were great!

Breakfasts: the proprietors made lovely food from very high quality local ingredients and even came out to describe the provenance of the various items. I was here for a wedding and compared notes with my friends staying at other places nearby and my breakfast experiences won hands down.

Beds: the rooms are wonderfully kept and decorated. Mine had a gas fireplace, a clean and efficient half bath, and tasteful decor and furnishings. Bed was comfortable and warm.

B&Bs can be hit or miss because they depend a lot on the personality of the proprietors - I'm happy to say that my experience here was lovely in part because Cynthia and (I don't remember her husband's name) were kind, accommodating and demonstrated a real love for what they do! Would definitely come back here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Westford, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a few days of fine dining, fine wine, and primarily, fine relaxation. We found these and more at the Inns at Blackberry Common (Birch Retreat Suite). Jim and Cyndi were perfect hosts; providing gourmet breakfasts, great conversation along with extensive local activity/sightseeing knowledge. Most importantly they provided us with "Zagat" quality restaurant recommendations. If that wasn't enough, Jim provided a recommendation for my planned purchase of new snowshoes. 2 hrs later, I owned the same model he owns. Thats my idea of a full service Inn. We also highly recommend Cyndi's homemade Rosemary Butter Cookies. We will definitely be back this summer.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Saco, Maine
Reviewed December 16, 2013

On a pretty weekend in the fall we decided to explore mid-coast Maine. Stopping in Camden we looked for a B&B and discovered the Inns at Blackberry Common. What a "find" that was! Cyndi and Jim are a fun couple, very attentive, warm and hospitable who really enjoy their guests. They offer suggestions for site-seeing, restaurants, scenic areas, things to do, etc. The Inns are Victorian and beautifully appointed inside and out. The rooms are immaculately clean with cozy gas fireplaces, wonderfully comfortable beds and many extra amenities. Jim is a trained chef and quite creative. Breakfasts are served in a lovely setting and are wonderfully delicious. It has been an absolute delight to discover the Inns which we recently visited again to enjoy Christmas By the Sea, an annual event well worth experiencing. We definitely plan to go back again soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Biddeford, Maine
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We just spent two nights at the Inn and truly enjoyed our time there. As usual, Cyndi & Jim are very attentive hosts. They are always willing to offer ideas for local sightseeing as well as they know the best restaurants to go to. Our room was perfect - bed comfortable, gas fireplace and a private bath - all very, very clean. The Innkeepers have maintained the charm of the old Victorian building - it is truly a lovely place. When we travel, we love to stay at a B&B. We have stayed at this inn more than half a dozen times - and honestly, it is our favorite place to unwind. One more thing - the breakfasts are just "to die for!" Jim is an artist in the kitchen! I recommend - NO - I highly recommend staying at the Inns at Blackberry Common - you definitely will not be disappointed!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My wife and I love going to Camden and this is our fourth stay at the Inns at Blackberry Common.

What we learned in our travels is that Jim and Cyndi may just be the best B&B keepers in North America. They are always friendly and helpful. You get a great welcome and the feeling that they really enjoy having you at their B&B. There is no B&B anywhere that I enjoy more.

Jim is an excellent chef (professionally trained) and prepares outstanding breakfasts (the best omelet I've had in years). This time, he also cooked a special Sunday evening meal for the guests and it was truly sublime.

I like going in late fall when there is a chill in the air as, inside, the rooms are warm and cozy with gas fireplaces. It is nice to curl up with a good book and relax.

There are a lot of reasons to go to mid-coast Maine - the scenery, shopping, restaurants, etc., but just staying and eating at the Inns at Blackberry Commons is a good reason on its own to go to Camden.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed November 11, 2013

It was our first time staying in a B&B with our two dogs, and I am so glad that we chose the Inns at Blackberry Commons. We stayed in the Birch Retreat which had a private entrance. The room was very lovely with plenty of room for the two dogs(even though they didn't even move off their dog bed). Cyndi and Jim, the inn owners, were gracious and very knowledgable about the area as well as the history of the inn. The inn is beautifully decorated and each room is uniquely designed with many original features. I was excited to hear that Bette Davis use to stay there, and she has a room named after her. The breakfast was delicious as well. They were happy to accommodate our vegetarian needs. I look forward to returning to the Inns at Blackberry Common. It made for a perfect get away!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 29, 2013

If you are looking for a quaint, clean, friendly, and affordable bed and breakfast, Inns at Blackberry Common is for you. The location is excellent. Jim and Cyndi, inn owners, know the area very well and are more than willing to share great places to visit. After having a restful night, in beautiful accommodations, you will enjoy the most delicious breakfast. Blackberry Inns has it all- that's why my husband and stay there every fall.

• Stayed October 2013