“Lovely inn”

and 1 more site!
Belmont Inn
Ranked #8 of 19 Camden B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 26, 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Belmont Inn in Camden, Maine. I went in need of rest and relaxation in a beautiful location and found that and more. The hostess, Anita, was warm and gracious and very helpful in guiding me to places of interest in the area. I would highly recommend the Belmont Inn to anyone who enjoys the charm and hospitality that the best B and B's provide.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed September 25, 2009

The Belmont is just a few blocks from downtown Camden and it's beautiful harbor - an easy and pleasent walk. Our room was the attic room (The Hideaway). Magnificent sheets, pillows and towels and spotless - hard to do in old homes. The whole house was beautifully decorated and NOT laden with too much heavy Victorian decor. The Inn Keeper kept guests engaged with one another, and provided gourmet breakfasts daily - consider this an hour or hour and a half dinning experience. She also has good suggestions regarding the area attractions. The porch was a perfect place to relax in a quiet neighborhood. Least favorite thing? The desk chair in our room and porch rocking chairs looked beautiful but could have been more comfortable. The breakfasts were amazing, but not what we really needed. The favorite thing? It was quiet and peaceful charm.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2009

A friend and I recently stayed at the Belmont Inn which is located in the town of Camden. It was taken over by Anita approximately 18 months ago...and she's doing a great job. The rooms are good and have a lovely, strong shower. (I love hot showers.) Anita is giving the place a fresh look too and it will only get better with time. What really surprised me about this B&B was the breakfast. WOW. Each day we were presented with the most delicious breakfast I have had in years. Anita is an excellent chef and a wonderful hostess.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2009

We were at this excellent b&b for only one night, the owner, Anita was very helpful and sent to have some of the best italien food we have had in a long time! Nice shingle style house with three floors , beautiful woodwork and a charming wrap-around porch. Located in a nice quiet area yet close to town. Found a towel folded on the bike the following morning to soak up the dew, very cool! The breakfast was creative and excellent and the conversation interesting. We slept in the "hide-a-way" room on the third floor and loved it! My wife and Anita's cat hit it off, this is a good sign!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2009

The Belmont Inn is totally charming--- from the beautiful rooms-- ours with a lovely
canopied bed -- to the fabulous gourmet breakfasts prepared by our wonderful
innkeeper Anita---we truly felt like family--- We cannot wait toreturn to Camden and
the Belmont Inn.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2009

My husband and I so enjoyed our time at this beautiful B&B. Anita, the owner/innkeeper, was a terrific hostess, very knowledgeable of the area, and a great cook! The house's decor is so lovely and the gardens are spectacular. We could walk into the beautiful village of Camden in no time. I hope we can return to this inn again--sooner rather than later!

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Camden is a lovely town wih a beautiful harbor, great restaurants and shops. There is also a state park with a fantasic view from a mountain. The Belmont Inn is conveniently located within walking distance of the downtown area. There is ample parking, fabulous landscaping, large inviting rooms, lovingly decorated by Anita. The breakfast was delicious! I have stayed in many bed and breakfasts but this one is really special! Anita was very knowledgeable about the area and made us feel right at home. My friend and I would definitely go back! It was also a good value for the price.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends