“A don't-miss experience”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2014

With one night in Camden (surely not enough), we were so pleased to have had such an outstanding meal at this lovely restaurant. The décor, service, and most importantly, the fabulous food, all contributed to one of the finest meals we've had recently. (And we travel, and eat, a lot, all over the world.) Michael was a marvelous host, checking up on us and chatting about the meal. Our server was professional, knowledgeable, and friendly without being overly familiar. And the food was absolutely excellent. We shared two "small plates" of lobster salad and seared scallops, and then an entrée, the duck special, which may be the best duck I've ever had. Cannot recommend this highly enough.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We just spent 6 weeks in Camden at dined at many fine restaurants. Valentina was the best because of a balance of fine food, attentive service and pleasant ambiance. What moves it to the top of our list is the continuous presence of the owner Mike. He greats you at he door, answers questions during the meal and personally thanks you as you leave. There are restaurants with slightly superior chefs and more spectacular views, but it is the total balance that turns a meal into a great experience.

1  Thank HowardR199
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Really good service, great tasting of home maid gin-rhubarbe. Surprising soft taste! We have fresh oysters to start with mignonette, they were local, fresh, tender. I have the bouillabaisse thai style, tasty again, with fish, lobster, clam and so good fresh vegetables. My husband got vegetarian tagliatelles and they were yummy. Desert worth it. Chocolate mousse and vanilla custard.

2  Thank Chantyone
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had an amazing dinner here! The food was delicious-lovely quality and inspired menu choices, the service was friendly but not too too, the room was comfortable but decorated sparely-and our host was hospitable to the nth.
The mussels were superb! Could not stop eating the olive tapenade that they brought with the bread. Salad was delicious and the bouillabaisse was a lovely variation-the Thai favors made it stand out. My blueberry spearmint mojito was refreshing-a perfect summer evening beverage.
We have reservations for another night this week!

1  Thank ElizabethZ131
Reviewed August 3, 2014

If a restaurant can make an appetizer "market" salad memorable, then someone knows what they are doing in the kitchen. I ordered the aforementioned because I was trying to undo some of the damage several Maine lobsters had done during our vacation. This one produced by Valentina's made me feel both indulged and virtuous. It absolved some of the guilt of following it with the unique fried oysters. Amazing, delicate gnocchi, terrific burger and tagliatelle. At least that's what my dining partners told me...as my daughter said, "This is the kind of food that you don't want to share with anyone else".

The front of the house is charming and gregarious. You feel like you're dining in a labor of love.