“Best ice cream in town!”
Review of Camden Cone

Camden Cone
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Camden
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We have been visiting Camden for years and we always get ice cream from Camden Cone. I don't know what it is about their ice cream but it is sooo delicious! It is creamier & tastier than any other ice cream! They have a great selection of flavors too. And the staff is always very friendly. Definitely recommend!!

Reviewed August 28, 2011

I heard camden cone was a classic for the area, so I decided to check it out. Much to my surprise, I waited 10 minutes for a small ice cream cone, one group in front of me, and wiped out the small bills in my wallet. 3 kids were working, yet for some reason the service was still extremely slow.

Reviewed October 25, 2010

I wrote the article that "chichi" is referring to in their review. I will concede, the expensive shirt might have been a bit much. Yes, I was a teenager working with some of my closest friends.

Did you know that those teenagers that "screwed it up" went on to go to some of America's best colleges like Penn State, Goucher, UC Davis, Emerson, Georgetown, and Clark to name a few? Did you know that those teenagers have spent countless hours doing community service and volunteering. And they learned a great deal of their work ethic at Camden Cone, and their then future exploits prove that it was a good seed.

Now, about that article. You'll notice that there are several others out in the ether that also praise the venture. Most people come to find a quaint little business that serves up great tasting ice cream with a smile. For most people, having an ice cream cone is a very enjoyable experience, and even if something is overlooked, they're willing to forgive mistakes, because, hey, it's ice cream. Besides, the Maine, homemade quality of Round Top ice cream can't be beat.

Some people are miserable, and sometimes an ice cream cone is the perfect cure. But, not for all. So the expensive shirt? What I meant to say is, lighten up!

I no longer work for Camden Cone and will receive no financial contribution for writing this. I'm currently working in the entertainment industry in Hollywood.

2  Thank DSwift
Reviewed September 8, 2009

as you wait for the annoyed local teens to serve you, you can read an article that one of them wrote for the local paper talking about how much they love working there, basically so they can hang out with their friends-however the article reveals how the scooper wishes the poorly crafted cone they made will fall on the customer's expensive shirt...nice--so nice that they have hung the article for you to read.
You will get different sized portions based on what flavor you request- the softer it is the more you get, the harder it is you will recieve the smallest portion they can get away with- its ridiculous. Has anyone thought of a hot cup of water to make the scooping easier? Instead of shorting the customer? Oh, no wait..they want the ice cream to fall on the sirt of the customer- I forgot.Plus it would be nice to not get surprise bits of other flavors, because they are too lazy to pull them out of the tub.
I have continued to go here for 3 years, hoping it would get better-but the RUDE article is too much. I will NEVER go there again. If you hire teens- you need to train them correctly. Its ice cream- not rocket science..yet they have still managed to screw it up.

Reviewed October 8, 2008

We always save room for ice cream from The Cone after a summer time meal out in Camden. They serve locally made Round Top ice cream, offer many, many flavors and have a nice staff of local kids working the counter. Get yourself a cone, walk down to the harbor and do some people / boat watching while enjoying the best ice cream Camden offers. Prices are fair. Portions just right.

1  Thank seedlady