“The best taste bud experience”
Review of Francine Bistro

Francine Bistro
Ranked #11 of 48 Restaurants in Camden
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Leland, Michigan
“The best taste bud experience”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I enjoyed Francine's so much. The experience of tasting so many different foods and cooked to perfection was incredible. My only regret was that I went there on my last day of vacation and couldn't go back again before I left.

Visited October 2012

Merrimack Valley MA
“Just good”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

It's tough to go to any restaurant after Natalie's...the tables are small and close together, room very noisy. The staff was very attentive, food just okay - nothing bad, nothing outstanding

Visited March 2012
Greenville, Maine, United States
“fun and tasty too!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was a little worried when the server, asked what kind of water would I like .... I wasn't if it was a little fancier than I expected. All went great the food was good and cooked with care. It was a little different from the norm, and the wine was fantastic! I would go again, and would recommend.

• Visited September 2012
Boston
“Do not miss Francines”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Even if you haven't got a reservation, you can sit at their small bar and be entertained and served by Chip, master mixologist and all around nice guy. To pull this off, get there by 5:15 latest for their 5:30 opening.

The atmosphere is very cool, albeit a bit loud with World music playing all night. The food is all very fresh, farm to table direct or ocean to table depending on your tastes.

They offer a traditional menu or, you can order from a menu of fresh small plates. We tried the potato. The cauliflower and the roasted corn with trumpet mushrooms. Not a bad bite in the bunch. All were amazing with unique flavors and great mouth feel.

We split the mussels. Keeping dinner light. I have NEVER had better, bigger or more unique mussels. They arrive in a cast iron skillet with liquid still boiling and aromatics still sizzling.

And although it sounds crazy, among the aromatics were bunches of pine needles. Crazy good though I would never have thought to use them. The flavors were outstanding and because they are locally rope grown, the mussels are massive. I joked with my wife that the meat from one resembled a small game hen!

Overall, I was blown away by Francines. Enjoy.

Henley on Thames
“Reminded us of Buzzing Boston!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

our first night in Camden with others who have been here before. We got there a little early hoping for a drink at the bar before sitting at our table but it was so busy that we had to wander around the town for ten minutes or so before coming back and then going straight to our table. this was Saturday evening but it had the feel of Friday night after a long working week in the city. We had been in Boston on such a night four years ago and this reminded us of that. the food was delicious, but we have had a great week in Camden and I am now writing this in Boothbay so can't remember exactly what we ordered. We went back to take a photo before leaving and the outside might have put us off, so glad we were with others who knew it. A wonderful first night to get the holiday started! 130 for two including tip.

• Visited September 2012