“Wow!! Great food and cocktails.”

Natalie's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Natalie's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: Seafood, American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Awarded Top 100 Restaurant In The USA, Natalie's offers a refined dining experience featuring Modern New England cuisine, influenced by international cuisines and inspired by the seasons. Executive Chefs Chris Long and Shelby Stevens create modern dishes with subtle and unexpected flavor combinations. Awarded best overall restaurant in New England, Natalie's uniquely blends a current sense of place and time with modern techniques and the bounty of Maine. The result is classic regional dishes reinterpreted and local sourced ingredients prepared with a worldly sophistication. Chris Long became 2013 Maine Lobster Chef Of The Year and Mixologist Seth Knowlton was awarded best bartender in Maine in 2013 by Eater. The restaurant received the AAA 4 Diamond Award in addition to a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence and was awarded best restaurant in New England by Diner's Choice in 2013. The restaurant offers outside dining in season, with breathtaking views over the harbor and hills. Natalie's is fully air conditioned and has a full bar and lounge for cocktails and lighter fare. Natalie's offers a 3-course Prix Fixe, a 7-course tasting and a 4-course Grand Cru Lobster Menu.
Saugus MA
“Wow!! Great food and cocktails.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We tried to make reservations at the last minute but they were unble to acomodate us. They did offer a table in the bar and a limited menu. The bartender, Ryan, had many cocktails he had designed himself. The one I tried was amazing. The hors d'ovuers were extremely good. The desserts, we tried 3, were to die for. The service was top shelf. We left very well satisfied but we were unble to understand why they couldn't accomodate our reservation since more than half of the tables were empty the whole time we were there.

Worcester, Massachusetts
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Enjoyed dining at Natalie's on our recent visit to the Camden area. I had avoided eating here on previous trips to Maine thinking it would be pretentious and overly fancy. On the contrary, the atmosphere was lovely and relaxed with waitstaff friendly and not stuffy. Everyone knew their roles and explained the many complicated courses we ordered with authority. We had the 3-course price-fixe menu and although portions were small, were well-presented and delicious.
The restaurant is expensive but considering the presentation and expertise, it is understandable.

1 Thank Fran L
Saint James, New York, United States
“Fabulous but a little quirky!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Went to Natalie's on a rainy Friday night in August with my husband. Despite the rain, the restaurant was packed. We opted for the 3 course prix fixe which had many wonderful options to choose from. The decor, ambiance, and presentation were all fabulous! Our second and third dishes were delightful and creative and so were all the tasty amuse bouches, palate cleansers, and butters with various salts...really superb! My only complaint about the food was that my first course of sea scallops lacked creativity. It definitely wasn't memorable. Honestly, its only been a few days, and I can't remember any particulars about that dish except that I remember saying to myself, "Oh, tastes like a scallop". Other than that, the food was amazing! There was a little snafu with our order however it was immediately corrected and we were given a couple of glasses of fabulously paired wine on the house. The offer was unexpected because we didn't have to wait long for the correct dish to come out, but both the thought and the wine were very much appreciated! The staff was fabulous that way! Really top notch, superb service!

As for the wine list...I have been to many fabulously expensive restaurants but I haven't seen such a steeply priced wine list as this one in a long time. I believe there was only one bottle available that was under $50 (I believe the wines by the glass were $17). All the other wines were obscenely priced. I know of countless wines that have rave reviews, wonderful flavor and are cheaper! I'm not asking for a no-frills box wine to be added to the list (however that might make for some interest!) but I'd like to see greater variety in terms of pricing. I got the feeling like the wine list was telling me that if you spend under $100 a bottle you are drinking swill.

Now onto my final thought, something I think is a bit quirky. Every single time a plate was brought to our table it was excruciatingly explained in detail and grossly pointed out. I don't mean pointing from afar to a particular unusual item on the plate. I mean hovering over the plate and gesturing so close to the food and telling me EVERY little thing in the dish. I honestly don't mind if I'm told what I'm about to indulge in. But I absolutely do mind that every single member of the staff that brought plates over (must have been at least 5 different people) gestured ON TOP of my food (literally centimeters away) in a manner that resembled a beauty pageant wave. When it first happened, my husband and I chuckled because we thought the woman's hand gesturing was a bit strange. But when it happened EVERY single time, we realized the staff was instructed to do this! So, my suggestion to management...please don't gesture soooo closely to my food! Instead of feeling thrilled to dive into my delectable dish, I found myself wondering if the food runner washed her hands!

3 Thank Aimee R
Venice, Florida
“Big City Dining on the Coast of Maine.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

WOW! Three Gardner stars, and that seems inadequate. One might expect this level of service and food on Central Park South or East 58th Street but not in Camden. Without question the premier restaurant in Midcoast Maine. We have dined at the Hartstone Inn and Primos in Rockland but they pale in comparison.....Angela had the Lobster Flight and I had the "Chowder" lamb and parfait. All outstanding and Richard was the ultimate professional server. Sophisticated cliental.. I really can't think of any negatives. Stylishly appointed dining rooms in an old inn, excellent wines by the bottle or glass...Expensive for Maine ($150 per person with wines and tip) but worth every penny.. Not for kids! This is an adult dining experience.

1 Thank gardner34285
Bradenton, Florida
“Amazing French restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

While it is very expensive, this restaurant is wonderful. It is quiet, has a beautiful view, has very attentive servers, and te food is great. They don't serve huge servings, but every serving is tasteful and great.

Visited August 2013