“Fine dining but much better”

Natalie's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Natalie's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 51 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Awarded Top 100 Restaurant In The USA, Natalie's offers a refined dining experience featuring Modern New England cuisine, influenced by international cuisines and inspired by the seasons. Executive Chefs Chris Long and Shelby Stevens create modern dishes with subtle and unexpected flavor combinations. Awarded best overall restaurant in New England, Natalie's uniquely blends a current sense of place and time with modern techniques and the bounty of Maine. The result is classic regional dishes reinterpreted and local sourced ingredients prepared with a worldly sophistication. Chris Long became 2013 Maine Lobster Chef Of The Year and Mixologist Seth Knowlton was awarded best bartender in Maine in 2013 by Eater. The restaurant received the AAA 4 Diamond Award in addition to a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence and was awarded best restaurant in New England by Diner's Choice in 2013. The restaurant offers outside dining in season, with breathtaking views over the harbor and hills. Natalie's is fully air conditioned and has a full bar and lounge for cocktails and lighter fare. Natalie's offers a 3-course Prix Fixe, a 7-course tasting and a 4-course Grand Cru Lobster Menu.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is fine dining at it's very best. We enjoyed a 7-course dinner priced in the higher ninety dollars. Usually I am sceptical when you pay this much for a dinner, but Natalie's showcases one of the best tasting menus ever experienced. The courses are well balanced, the flavors refined and unique and the plating in beautiful. Like the inn there is lot of attention to detail and the staff is always one step ahead of you.
Dining at Natalie's is a unique experience and a must go when in the area if you love amazing food.

1  Thank Paula M

Reviewed March 15, 2013

fantastic experience without pretension, can't recommend it enough (and we generally don't like upscale restaurants).

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Sweet Moses, this restaurant does not disappoint! Five ladies enjoyed a spectacular 3 course dinner during MRW to celebrate a special birthday. The setting is exquisite--fresh roses, white linens, red upholstery, and elegant tableware. Our server, Patrick, a consummate professional, choreographed an extraordinary dining experience; his attention to detail was outstanding! But, perhaps, what elevated this fine dining experience were all the thoughtful extras: a silky butternut squash soup; a creamy broccoli veloute with an unexpectedly delicious chili oil garnish; a yogurt sorbet with Meyer lemon vinaigrette; and beribboned boxes of handmade chocolates as well as chef-signed menus for the birthday celebrants as parting gifts. Perfection! My highest compliment: I want to marry the chef!!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We were lucky enough to be in Camden, Maine during Restaurant Week, and to try the well-recommended Natalie's. It's a pricey establishment---our bill was still $175 despite it being Restaurant Week on a pre-fixe menu, though that includes a bottle of wine (tip and a martini). But even if we were to pay full price, I think Natalie's is one of the few restaurants I can say is well worth every dollar. The food was spectacular and featured lots of local ingredients. Everything from the bread made specially by a local bakery, multi-flavored seasalts from Portland, ME, the three wonderful amuse bouches that accompanied our three courses and the genuinely friendly service was a delight that we seldom express as highly critical foodies.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We went to dinner at Natalie's on a dark evening in February, right on the brink of a major Nor'easter. We were given a warm welcome and seated... right by the windows. Usually in New England, you can count on drafts but we were toasty warm. A good start! When I made the reservation, I mentioned that it was my birthday, something I've never done before. The waiter gave us a menu with a personalized "Happy birthday" right at the top. Nice touch! Things were pricey and a tad uneven in quality, but what was good was REALLY good! My rabbit (yes, I dined on Thumper!) was delicious and my husband raved about his beef tenderloin with foie gras. I was unable to make up my mind about the wine. I wanted a red with a fragrant bouquet. They sent over a tasting of two wines for me to try. the first wine blew me away... in fact, it was some of the best wine I HAVE ever had! Wish I could remember what it was... it was divine! My one real quibble was with the dessert. Nothing really caught my fancy (no birthday with candles and singing waiters, thank god!) so I tried an apple beignet. Not for me, but those things happen. When collecting our plates, our waiter noticed I hadn't enjoyed it and they immediately set out to make it right by not only sending out an alternative dessert but TWO glasses of that delicious wine.
Oh my!