“Favorite casual restaurant in Camden.”
Review of Waterfront

Waterfront
Ranked #8 of 48 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Black Hawk, Colorado
“Favorite casual restaurant in Camden.”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We ate here four times during our 10 day stay in Camden. Once for dinner and three times for lunch. We never had a reservation, but were always seated quickly outside. I will only sit outside here, because it's so fun to see the boats come in and out.
The service was mostly good. Only once when we had a very young waitress was it disappointing. She may have been learning though.
I would recommend the lobster BLT, the clam chowder, the Haddock chowder...well actually, everything is good...try as many different things as you can, that's what we did.

• Visited July 2014

Dublin, Ireland
“Chef & service staff need replacing ”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

I grew up here and have lived away for a decade. We came back for our second honeymoon and brought my husband here because it used to be a reputable place in the 90s.
Disaster:
1. We called to make a reservation and were told that "we only take reservations for 6 or more." We were told it could be a 30min wait for the deck.
2. Cold Welcome: We got to the restaurant at 8:30 and out our names down for a table. The 3 hostesses didn't give a very warm welcome. We surely didn't feel like guests. We asked if we could have a drink at the bar whilst waiting (we were not offered this)
3. Snide Bartender: where did this attitude come from?? We should have walked out before dinner. We ordered a pint of beer. Before the beer was poured the hostess said our table was ready. We said we just ordered a beer and asked if they could bring to the table when it was ready. "NO." We were required to pay the barman before we could go to the table. My husband said to the barman "I just have a credit card." The bartender said "That's good" in a snide sarcastic tone. Not one smile.
4. Stupid rules for Dinner: an unsmiling waitress greeted us by saying, "Are you two sharing that beer?" (Random) We then asked if I could get a lobster roll because the one at lunch yesterday was good. "NO". We were told that our deck table only allowed us to order from the dinner menu. The deck tables two tables away can order bar menu and the tables inside near the bar can order from both. I said mr husband wants the Lobster Cobb salad and I want the Lobster Roll and asked her to find us a solution. One would think I had asked her to solve the Middle East crisis! She had to speak to managers and finally after what seemed like a while she said we could order that.
5. Food: mediocre. Lobster was in a very bulky hoagie roll so I had to pick off lots of bread. Always better in a toasted hot dog roll.
They need to sort out staff or this place won't get repeat business. Maybe they are happy with one-hit tourists - but if they keep getting bad Trip Advisors they won't even get those!

3 Thank jlunden
Columbia, Missouri
“Perfect Spot for Lunch”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

We ate lunch here on a beautiful August day. We were seated outside right away, and the service, view, and food made our day. 3 in our group had the lobster roll and I had the lobster BLT. The coleslaw was the best I had all week. The lobster rolls were fresh and good, but the lobster BLT was the best by far. Well done and a great flavor combination.

Visited August 2014
Boston
“OK, mostly”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Service was great, wait time given was reasonable and accurate. We found a seat right away at the outside bar and were served right away, then seated when our table was ready. Server was great. Food was only OK. Not bad, but just nothing special.

5 for service, 3 for food.

Visited August 2014
“WORST RESTAURANT IN CAMDEN and the manager definitely needs to go more customer service skills and manners. check out #4”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We got there yesterday for dinner and this place ruined our lovely Camden experience.

1. Made a reservation? Plan your time for another half an hour wait.
2. The real bar has to be across town because we sat very close to the bar and had to wait for 20 mins to get our bottle. Then a waitress was asking if we want to taste or just pour their over price wines. Duh?
3. Food: overly batter fried clams, so so clamchowder but it was an hour after we order to get our foods (none of us order lobster which can take alot longer to cook). Unless this place does a catch-and-cook per order, I don't see why it took that long to prepare non special, very basic American grill and fried food.
4.Manager. OMG this blond lady is probably the reason why this review gets one star (from the original 2 stars). Very rude, unapologetic with ZERO (repeat ZERO) customer service basic skill. We asked to be moved to a different table since the table is right near loud patio service station and "No" (literally). After PAIDing $350 for our dinner, we went to her just to tell her how our experience was and suggested for their improvement, the lady just surged her shoulders and said they are sorry and that was the best they can do in a very unapologetic, careless manner. The very least she can do is pretend that she listens. Maybe Maine is at the top of the country where you have to accept what you have but next time when I come back to lovely Camden. "water front" is on my black list.

• Visited August 2014