“A Wonderful Dinner”
Review of Waterfront

Waterfront
Ranked #7 of 50 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I read some of the negative reviews for this restaurant and wonder what happened to cause those misadventures. I'm fairly demanding when I go to a restaurant and I found this place to be absolute tops.

First of all, about the service, since several reviewers complained about rude or non-existent service. Not only was my server great but I watched the other tables being served with equally friendly and efficient service. I can go through a lot of water at one dinner sitting. My waitress probably refilled my glass ten times. That's pretty commendable.

The food was excellent. I started with a very good clam chowder. I would rate it a small step below Legal Seafood in Boston or Ivar's in Seattle, but it was very good. Next up was a large bowl of mussels. They were succulent. Some of the best I've had - and not a single one came unopened. Certainly the equal of any I've had on Prince Edward Island. I normally ignore the broth that accompanies mussels. Not this time. The broth was downright buttery and went great with the accompanying bread. I finished up with seared scallops that were served with a well prepared baked potato and a nice serving of green beans. The scallops came with a nice coconut mint pesto that was excellent but admittedly not fully complementary in flavor to the scallops.

The atmosphere is great. A nice view of the harbor. Pleasant décor inside. And, yes, the bathroom was clean.

I highly recommend The Waterfront.

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I had the Maine Blue Mussels which were delicious! Certainly enough for a meal! The broth is the best I have ever had served with mussels. My husband was very satisfied with the Clam Chowder and the Seared Sea Scallops. The staff was very friendly, kept on top of everything and, with a couple of hints, managed to keep our water glasses continuously filled. I would go back tomorrow!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Had a nice meal with friends on our last night in Camden. Not many places open on Monday but the Waterfront is. We were greeted and seated promptly, and the waiter was accommodating for our slow ordering as we were visiting as well as eating. Only criticism is our table was quite dark. In the evening you might want to bring a small flashlight as the table candle doesn't do the trick.

The menu is varied and we all chose seafood. From fried clams to lazy lobster to a lobster Cobb salad to a pan fried haddock(special order), the food was plentiful and well prepared. Definitely a go to place in Camden.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Wine and sandwich at dusk were enjoyable overlooking the Camden harbor at sunset. We had Good service, good food which was offered from the bar area. Would return to view the sunset and see the harbor activity. First visit. Visitor from Texas.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

This restaurant is on the Camden wharf, so get an outside table for a very scenic view of the harbor view. Seafood dishes are obviously the bulk of the menu The food is good and reasonably priced. Casual atmpshere and courteous service. Great place for lunch and scenery.