“Good recommendation by a local resort”
Review of Waterfront

Waterfront
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Belmont, New Hampshire
“Good recommendation by a local resort”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant at the suggestion of some locals, I probably would not have found it otherwise. It is tucked away on the waterfront and not easily visible. Fortunately I followed directions and found this place.

Many of the dishes had a unique twist in addition to the classics. It made me want to try everything but I wasn't quite that hungry. The food that I did order was well-prepared and very good. It's not a fancy place, just good food. The best surprise was that the prices were very reasonable. The next time we are in Camden we will definitely visit this place again.

• Visited May 2013

Wiscasset, Maine
“Never Fails to Please”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

While we've always been well treated at this staple restaurant in Camden, occasionally, you like to eat elsewhere.

So, last night we tried Cappy's, which is normally a good choice. Problem was, the waitress was more concerned with cleaning off and setting up three empty tables than she was in seating us. We finally just took one of the tables, which she obviously did not appreciate. Then we sat. And sat. And sat, while another party of four took their seats at the bar and were immediately served, drink orders taken and delivered, while we sat. So, up we got and moved down the street to Cuzzy's.

Hard to say what the food or service was like at Cuzzy's, as we never actually saw a menu, a table or even a waitress, even after waiting five minutes. We were acknowledged, one by one, by the guys seated at the bar, but never actually saw an employee.

So, off to the Waterfront we went. As always, we were greeted warmly by the hostess, seated immediately and shortly after appeared our server, who told us of the specials, took our drink order and then stopped by her large party (14 people at three tables) on her way to get our drinks.

Don't misunderstand. We didn't get this service because we're regulars. They hardly know us. It's just that this is how they take care of EVERYONE. Warm greeting, prompt service and great food.

My wife had the shrimp and calamari appetizer, which was more than enough for her meal (so she left with my lunch for today). I had the burger which they'll still cook rare on request. Fries were fresh and HOT. Both meals, including a mixed drink and a draft Stella cost about $35. All this plus a great view of Camden Harbor makes this a can't lose dining experience. Cannot recommend them highly enough for consistently great food and service.

• Visited May 2013
Bedlington, United Kingdom
“Shame about the over eagerness”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice afternoon, stopped and sat on terrace overlooking bay - leisurely beer for me and two coffees for my wife - before second coffee finished waitress back to ask if we wanted another. No thanks was my reply, bill immediately put on table and walks off. Taking photograph before we leave she returns and waits for us to pay. Only two other people there so hardly a rush.

Not good at all to be so urgent

Visited May 2013
Lewiston, Maine, United States
“What a great meal after hiking!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My friend and I stopped here for a cold drink and a nice meal after hiking the Camden hills. We shared a bottle of wine and a couple of appetizers, the crab dip is amazing, along with the mussels. They also had stuffed mushrooms that day, it was Easter Sunday. The prices were incredibly reasonable. The portions were huge and we had left overs!

• Visited March 2013
Fayetteville, Georgia
“Best oysters”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The pemaquid oysters here were plump, sweet, and grit free. They were absolutely delish!!! The service was good. I was hesitant because of reviews, but our resort said it was good. I was pleased. My husband had a special order that was no problem, very accomodating.

• Visited April 2013