“Great Location & good food also”
Review of Atlantica - CLOSED

Atlantica
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A small farm to table restaurant right on the water in Camden featuring local produce, organic meats, artisan cheeses. We make our own breads, deserts and all accompaniments on the plate. We offer signature bar beverages and an extended wine list.
Ohio
“Great Location & good food also”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We ate here last week. The service was outstanding, the food was good - I had the crab and lobster cake - it was not warm unfortunately but tasty. The location is beautiful - would definitely go back when I'm in the area and give it another try. It also appears to be appreciated by the locals as several locals referred us to the restaurant.

• Visited September 2013

Houston
“Dependably Good”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was shocked at the negative reviews. I've been a big fan of Atlantica for several years. Never had a bad meal, never felt unwelcome and NEVER felt it was a tourist trap. They use locally sourced products, take care with their menus and give good value for the price. The ambience is chic, but not snooty.

Oh, well, one man's fish is another's poisson.

Oh, and they DO take reservations which is a blessing in a seasonal tourist town. When I'm ready to eat, I don't want to cool my heels in the bar.

• Visited August 2013
Waldoboro, Maine, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A nice Surprise”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We celebrated our 37th anniversary last night and after reading some of the reviews, we decided to ignore what was written. Glad that we did- the food was fabulous. We had reservations which are definitely recommended, as they were very busy. We were seated almost immediately and our server, Whitney was extremely helpful through the entire meal. We ordered one of the drink specials-impressed with the imagination of the barkeep; fresh blueberries and mint. We chose to begin with sweet onion, bacon and fish chowder and a salt roasted beet salad. Yum. My husband had grilled Camp fire Duck, which came with plums and apple and wild rice fritters. I chose one of the evening specials of a Petite Fillet with crab and corn fritters. Both of the fritters were pan fried and were delicious. We declined coffee, but did choose desserts; my husband chose the profiteroles, made with Round Top ice cream and I had chocolate pudding which tasted like my homemade pudding. Since I have run a restaurant and was a chef, I am pretty picky in my food choices; and I can say that this restaurant was excellent. Whitney was a great server- attentive but unobtrusive. Pricey yes, but the view was great and so was the food!

• Visited September 2013
kendelme, General Manager at Atlantica, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you so much for not believing everything you read. After reading the 2 previous reviews which directly attacked me personally I was ready to call the undertaker, but you made my day.
Good or bad social media has allowed people to say anything about anyone without remorse.
Thanks again for being nice.
Saugus MA
“Run of the mill tourist trap”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The only thing good about this restaurant was the view of the harbor and since they could only seat us inside, that didn't matter to us. The food was the worst we had on our week in Maine. The ambience inside was loud and stuffy. It was overpriced. Our worst choice. Oh well!!! One bad choice in a week.

Visited August 2013
Fredericton
“Management / owner needs tarining”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I recently ate at Atlantica and here is my opinion.

The food is pretty good, above average and well presented.
Considering the view, location and the menu, I think the prices are on par.
Their bartender is very creative and had some amazing specials on the day we were there.
The wait staff is attentive and pleasant, though a little below what I would expect in a place like this.

Now comes the bad part, if you read through other reviews, not just the good ones, you'll notice a reoccurring theme with the hostess/owner. She has a horrible personality for this type of job and the restaurant would be better served if she were a hands off owner or at the very least not dealing with customers.

We arrived about 20-30 min before our reservation and I asked if it would be an issue if we came early. The look on the hostess face was pure disgust. Without even acknowledging us, she just told the waitress a table number. I wasn't sure if we should follow her or if they were dealing with another issue. Turns out, that's how you are greeted by the hostess from what I can tell.

Many times during our visit I overheard the hostess talking down to her staff, and acting as if she were royalty.

I never write reviews about specific people, but in this case I have to. Look through the reviews and you'll see a theme of customers having problems with her. You'll also notice her responses are often about their wait staff and how they are trying to fix it.

Here's a though, treat your staff kindly and they will work better, and you will not have to train new staff.

Overall this place has the possibility to be a 10. The view from the deck is fantastic, the atmosphere is relaxing, and the food is really quite good. But until this issue is fixed, it'll stay a 5.

Had we not had a gift certificate, I would have walked out from the way we were greeted.

• Visited August 2013
Thank you for posting your experience. Many times during extremely busy nights an early arrival can throw the evening reservations into chaos. This is what I believe happened here.
It is difficult to maintain a cheery disposition at all times when under this kind of stress. I respect the opinions posted here, and invite anyone to step into my shoes.