“Wow Incredible every time we visit.”

Peter Ott's on the water
Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located on Camden Harbor next to the public landing, serving lunch and dinner. Enjoy our comfortable warm inside seating with two fireplaces or our outside seating, only feet from the harbor and schooners with panoramic views of Camden Harbor.
Portland Maine
“Wow Incredible every time we visit.”
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Another great meal. Steak was the best..better than any steakhouses or cruises we have been on! Horseradish mashed potatoes were also incredible.
Appetizers of bacon wrapped scallops and fresh crab cakes were the best ever had!
Great location downtown Camden.
Atmosphere and service also excellent.cant wait to go back!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank DiMath

Connecticut
“We keep coming back”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We've been coming to Rockport/Camden for seven years now and only last year did we get to Peter Ott's after a friend had been raving about it for years. Why did it take so long? Well, maybe it's that when we're in Maine I figure I've got to enjoy lobster as much as possible, and, after all, Peter Ott's is a steakhouse. Or that it is set back away from the harbor, where all the tourists flock. We'd walked past it a dozen times before finally heading in.

Well, we did get lobster twice on this trip, but we also went to Peter Ott's twice. You will not find a better experience anywhere around. The service is outstanding (particularly Alicia) and the filet mignon is melt-in-your-mouth quality. Cooked to perfection by Peter himself. It's clear he takes pride in his establishment and the food his staff turns out. Our meal was so wonderful I had to introduce myself to him and offer congrats.

If you're in the area and you want a top-tier restaurant experience, Peter Ott's is a must.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank tedtom51
Reading, Massachusetts
“Great Steakhouse”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Enjoy a very good meal. I had the 10 oz sirloin and my wife had the 14 oz pork chop. Both very large portions and delicious. The atmosphere was nice with a lot of original art hanging on the walls. The noise level was moderate and it was easy to carry on a conversation.

• Visited September 2013
Scarborough, ME
“Should have known better”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family put off choosing a restaurant for our last night in Camden until the last minute, and called to see if Peter Ott's had a table at 7pm on a Saturday night. When we arrived, the place wasn't very full, but yet we were seated at an awkward table right near the hostess station and entrance to the bathroom. We considered asking to be moved, but it took a while for our waitress to come over and we had already been served our water, so we decided not to bother.

My kids ordered the cheeseburgers, and they liked the homemade fries and hearty burger. I wanted something lighter so I ordered the salad bar ($9) and the ravioli appetizer ($9) which was described as butternut squash ravioli with a brown sage butter and sauteed onions and veggies. To my surprise, the ravioli were fried and were rubbery and I could barely cut them. When I noted this to the waitress, she took them back and asked me if I wanted something else. At that point I didn’t as my daughter had shared some of her burger with me. But instead of removing the item from the bill, she offered up a free dessert. I didn't want any more food, so I ended up paying $18 for a very basic salad bar and inedible ravioli. My husband got the salmon, and he felt it wasn't very fresh. My daughter and husband also got side Caesar salads which were OK, but nothing great for $6 each. My son had the chicken wings for a starter and liked them. So, all in all, the pub food (burgers, fries, wings) was fine, but my husband and I were disappointed with our selections.

Our waitress was very pleasant and cheerful but we felt badly for her because she had tables in our section and on the far side of the room, which made it hard to monitor what was going on. This included a long wait to get our check and to pay, which is always frustrating.

There are so many other wonderful places to eat in Camden, and we regret not planning better to get a reservation at one of them. Instead we paid over $140 with tip (our tab included a cocktail for $12, a glass of wine, and a glass of Stella) for 4 of us for a very mediocre meal.

• Visited August 2013
Palm Beach, Florida
“Great dinner”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great food and service and attractive interior. Would certainly go back when we return to Camden. Our server was a very accommodating young lady who was a Maine native and a great ambassador for her restaurant and her state!

Visited August 2013