“Great Clam Chowder”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I have had Cappy's clam chowder several times and always loved it. Once again I ordered and amazed at how good it was. I think it is the best that I have ever had. The other food wasn't as exciting but was still completely acceptable. This place is a Maine tradition.

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

So my Dad insisted that we visit Cappy's on our Maine weekend excursion, he said "the best clam chowder I've ever had". So we stopped in Camden fir kunch, found Cappy's and ordered the chowder and fish tacos. The best part of the meal you ask? The cold beer.

Chowder was fair, fish tacos extremely dry, had to steal my husband's Cole slaw to moisten up the tacos a bit.

Service was good and atmosphere good but food was a disappointment. Darn.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We asked for a window table and were seated at the farthest table from the window. Other than that, the food was great.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Cappy's is in the center of Camden, the best spot in town, so it's no surprise that it is a popular spot for visitors who are looking for a lobster meal. We tried the lobster roll and a lobster/avocado salad, and both were tasty. There are actually two sides to Cappy's, the Chowder House that has a somewhat dark, bar-like atmosphere and, next door, a regular restaurant with big windows that look out on Camden Harbor. Unless you're there for the bar, I'd suggest the harbor view side for a fuller waterside experience.

1  Thank TxTraveler254
Reviewed August 10, 2014

The problem was they had exceptional food but I couldn't eat everything on the menu that I liked....lobster and avocado salad.