“Cozy place with yummy food.”
Review of Cappy's Chowder House - CLOSED

Cappy's Chowder House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We came in on a rainy day and it was just the place to be. The atmosphere and food were fun. The chowder was yummy and very creamy. The biscuit they served on the side was a nice addition. The French fries were unique and delicious!
I can't say enough about the service we received. Our waitress was very nice and the service was quick. She treated my daughter great and made it a good experience for her too.

There are newer reviews for Cappy's Chowder House

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Right up there with the best chowder ever, the standard being Tony's in Cedar Key, this is a very close second.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Stopped in for an early dinner; the waitress was friendly and accommodating when I wanted to switch out an item from the children's menu. I had the lobster mac and cheese which was just OK. The cheese was overpowering and had a slightly strange flavor to it while the amount of lobster was minimal. We ate upstairs near the window so had a wonderful view of the harbor.

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

My least favorite chowder in Maine. My husband, father and I went into the bar for a beer and cup of chowder. Being over 30 I did not bring my purse because my husband was treating us. I was surprised to be asked for my ID, then was not served. When there were what I thought younger looking people not asked for ID. I guess I will be flattered but not going to return. The lobster bites were the highlight of the whole visit.

2  Thank Jbas0801
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stopped in for a quick snack and both had a cup of clam chowder. The chowder was quite good and the service was very friendly and efficient. Nice view from the rear of the restaurant.