“Birthday Luncheon ”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Visited here for lunch while celebrating my Husband's Birthday. Food was ok. I ordered the lobster roll. Not very big for 17.00 bucks. Server was a bit overwhelmed with our party of 8. St Patrick's Day weekend and not much happening in town so we decided to stay put and continue celebrating at the bar. Shipsview promotion with prizes for correct trivia answers. Fun. Entertainment was one man guitarists. Pretty good. Then all of the sudden the place closes up. Its only 9 PM. Now what to do. Ended too early.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The first day we got to our Maine vacation, my husband wanted to eat some seafood. Since we had two very tired kids, we knew that going out that going out was not an option, so we decided on take out So I can't tell you about service or atmosphere. But the food that my husband brought back was great. I had ruben made with fried haddock which came with a pickle that is freshly made. It was yummy. I also had sweat potato fries. My daughter had clam chowder, which was good ( but not the best I had). It did have a lot of clams in it. My husband had the seafood stew, and he is still talking about how good that was. He said that it was the best stew he ever had. The price is on the steeper side.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

There was great hope that new ownership would improve the average quality of the restaurant. Disappointing. The chowder which was a staple and a pride of the former ownership is not as good. The fare is non creative and mundane.

3  Thank Jay F
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We went here our second night and loved it. Only part of it was opened. They closed down most of it during the winter. Yet, the close quarters added to the feeling of camaraderie and good cheer. I would recommend this as a place for both eating but also for a drink before or after dinner. Try the mulled wine during the colder months. It hits the spot.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We dined here on Valentine's Night but were only looking for a small and simple supper. had a special menu for Valentines, a Pub type menu, and a regular menu - great selection and reasonable prices. We split a seafood meal and I had a bowl of seafood chowder. The seafood was cooked perfectly and the chowder was one of the best I have ever had. They also had a roomy and lively bar where you could also dine.