“Mouth-watering sandwiches!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boynton-McKay Food Co.

Boynton-McKay Food Co.
Ranked #14 of 47 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Mouth-watering sandwiches!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We had the very best sandwiches here -- creative & scrumptious! The slow-cooked brisket was delightfully tasty... & the BLTA was packed full of delicious ingredients. All very well prepared. We highly recommend this place... & it's open every day (serving breakfast & coffees, too). Very casual -- first order at the back counter & then either sit in a booth or take out.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Newton, Massachusetts
“Handy spot for those walking Camden”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Handy location in the center of town with comfortable tall booths and a great decor for those walking Camden.

We found this a fine spot for coffee plus something yummy - including a very good breakfast. It looks like they make fresh-baked treats each day for afternoon strollers (a variety of pies on one day, berry shortcakes on another) and they have free wifi. A perfect place from which to start your day of walking around and to stop in for a break later on.

• Visited June 2014
Idyllwild, California
“Fun location, good food, great capo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Loved the old drug store building location. Not crazy about ordering at the counter and they did get my husband's order wrong, but the food was really good. They have really good fancy coffees and teas and you can go in and get those to go.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank jj4848
Rockland, Maine
“Hoping the new owners keep the essence of this place.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

As a local it's always nice to find your "spot" that you go to for daily coffee. It had become a habit of mine, grabbing a coffee and delicious pastry from Boynton this spring. The girl behind the counter remembered my order by my second visit..but then something sad happened. She was let go when new owners came into place. I can't pretend to know how things look behind the scenes, but I had an awkward experience last time I went in for lunch.

While sitting and waiting for my to go order I overheard (who I presumed to be the new owners) talking loudly about firing their employees for little to no reason. I tried not to appear nosy, but sitting right there I could hear everything plainly. I don't prefer to listen to gossip when I'm in a restaurant. Shortly after when I smiled at the woman behind the counter (owners wife?) I was met with a blank stare, nothing warm about it.

I give this place a few stars only because the food and coffee is great, but the atmosphere has plummeted, and I haven't been back in a while. I'll try again later.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lincolnville, Maine
“Best Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Never disappointing! B&M always serves up a fresh, hot breakfast. The chef uses local ingredients and the waitstaff is friendly. It is super laid back and private with tall booths and old fashioned high top counters.

1 Thank Abicowles