“Does it get any better”

Boynton-McKay Food Co.
Ranked #14 of 48 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Camden, Maine
“Does it get any better”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

You would do yourself a great disservice by not experiencing this gem on main street in downtown Camden. Fresh, fantastic food coupled with an irresistible ambiance make this a must for any person visiting Camden or if you are a local. Get there early and try the homemade donuts,they are to die for!!

Visited June 2013

Charlotte, NC
“Confusing and I hear it's for sale.”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

First of all...my food was fine. Dined at lunch and had a Salmon Salad. The salmon was nicely cooked and the salad greens fresh with goat cheese and pecans. The portion was a little small for the price. I just read the last review and found, too, that a couple of the booths weren't ready for the next guest but it was more clean on my visit than his. On your first visit, know that you need to order from the back window...then find a place to sit and then order and pick up your coffee from the front. I wasn't sure where to get a water or soda. So one can get a little lost BUT with that said, I found the staff friendly enough and the crowds for breakfast are huge so that is probably the best time to visit. The restaurant is housed in a former drug store (and decorated as such) and has been around for years. I hear, however that it is for sale. I hope the restaurant stays the same with a few more staff people so as to help people thu the process if it remains the same format.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank travelinann
Orlando, Florida
“Terrible lunch and dirty environment.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I chose this place because we wanted a quick lunch and most of Camden's restaurants are overpriced for what you get. This place had reasonable prices comparatively. We walk up to the counter and I order their crab bisque and an avocado BLT. I was told they were out of avocado so I just got a standard BLT with my bisque. My wife got their Thai chicken stir fry. We were told to find a seat and they would bring it out to us. We could not find one clean table to sit at yet they were not busy and plenty of workers around. I decided to sit at the bar facing the street in the front which looked clean, but as soon as I put my hand down on the bar I had a sticky syrup substance on my fingers. Not to mention the floors had debris on them as well. We told them several times loudly and no one seemed to care. So my wife asked for a towel to clean a table and instead of cleaning it for her they handed her a wet dirty towel to clean our own table.

So my bisque comes out and it was lukewarm and tasted like paste. It was terrible. My BLT came out a little later and it was edible, but very standard. My wife's stir fry was overwhelmed with a spicy peanut sauce and she mentioned how it was very average at best. Not a good first impression eating in Camden that is for sure. We are definitely putting this place on our avoid list in our travels.

• Visited June 2013
“Sooo good!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Such good Food.love going there when in the area. Would suggest to anyone looking for little place to eat at. Kid friendly too

3 Thank cushingboy85
Camden, Maine
“Great breakfast and lunch”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Really a local rendezvous and family restaurant. First class coffee
and breakfast snacks. Really strong traditional New England ideas
with glimpses of Mexican and others. Caring staff and fills a small
town need.