“Spicy food on a hot day”
Review of Comida - MOVED

Comida
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Comida is a Latin fusion restaurant located in the beautiful sea side town of Camden, Maine and inspired by the owner's travel and work in Central America and Mexico. The menu is chef-owner Tom Sigler's inspiration, and is a culmination of many years of culinary training and restaurant cooking experience. The menu is Latin inspired with a uniquely Maine twist, and rotates regularly with the seasons. It features an array of Spanish, Cuban, Mexican, Central, and South American dishes. Comida's menu utilizes Maine's freshest local ingredients, and the food is prepared from scratch daily. We also offer delicious hand crafted cocktails and an eclectic beer and wine list.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My wife and I are in Camden, Maine in May which should be cool but it was one of the hottest days I've experienced. So here we are in a spicy Latin restaurant. Go figure! Fortunately the food was excellent. Freshly prepared and interesting. My wife had a salad that was mostly Brussels sprouts that had been chopped. It had a Latin spicy dressing and she said it was surprisingly wonderful. We were the only patrons at lunch so we had the undivided attention of our waitress who was a co-owner. My only complaint was it took us 40 minutes from the time we arrive until my meal arrived.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We ate here under previous owners (Mediterranean) last year and loved it and now miss that restaurant. We walked in feeling like things were changed, and they were. New flavors and they are delicious.
The new owners have made this brighter and less cluttered than before and the food was excellent - just the right size and pricing.
This would be my first choice for casual dining. But that is an opinion, I imagine it will be hard to get into once the season gets moving.
For Super Elegant dining with a price, reserve dinner just up the hill a bit at the Hartstone!
We also like "Fresh" which is good all day and fairly priced.

1  Thank Dan A
Reviewed May 8, 2013

While driving through Camden we happened upon Comida & had no expectations as we went in but WOW!! This new, quaint restaurant had a fun atmosphere but the food was definitely their star! We had the inventive brussel sprout salad, polenta cakes with shrimp & a delightful bbq sauce, chili rellenos & the most incredible bread pudding. Not your typical deep fried relleno, this was stuffed with pork, shrimp, rice & the most wonderful, sophisticated blend of spices- not spicey but wonderfully savory & flavorful. Throughout the meal we asked our server several times what the seasonings were in the various dishes because they were so perfectly selected. The chef obviously knows his way around a spice rack! Each dish was so unusual & exemplary, we ended up asking for Tom, the chef, so we could rave to him about his creations! What a wonderful surprise admist all the seafood & chowder restaurants. A treat for the palette; our only regret is that we live 2000 miles away & will not be able to drop by again.

1  Thank JacR-PC
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This place was new when my girlfriend and I went during the off-season, but we had been given a recommendation so we gave it a shot. It was fabulous - small and lively setting with a cozy layout - so much more intimate than some of the other big restaurants downtown. The food was amazing, a sort of Maine/Latin fusion as the waitress told us. Didn't have anything to drink but they make their own Margarita mix and it looks amazing. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank ASMitrop
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife and I ate here recently on a whim, It was pretty good. It's got a fairly unconventional menu and the flavors were pretty creative. I think calling it Mexican is inaccurate, it aspires to something higher. Its a good place if your taste buds need a wakeup call. I got the mole chicken, it was really good but the portions were a bit on the lean side.