“Good food, nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Comida - MOVED

Comida
Cuisines: American, Latin, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Comida is a Latin fusion restaurant located in the beautiful sea side town of Camden, Maine and inspired by the owner's travel and work in Central America and Mexico. The menu is chef-owner Tom Sigler's inspiration, and is a culmination of many years of culinary training and restaurant cooking experience. The menu is Latin inspired with a uniquely Maine twist, and rotates regularly with the seasons. It features an array of Spanish, Cuban, Mexican, Central, and South American dishes. Comida's menu utilizes Maine's freshest local ingredients, and the food is prepared from scratch daily. We also offer delicious hand crafted cocktails and an eclectic beer and wine list.
Camden, Maine
“Good food, nice place”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Hurrah! Another good place to eat in Camden! We went a couple of days after they had opened and found it to be very pleasant.

The decor is simple but nice, the food was delicious, corn cakes with prawn to start - out of this world - then fish tacos for main - also very tasty.

The food was quite a while coming, I'm assuming this was just teething problems.

Nice small menu, everything fresh.

I'm looking forward to eating here in the Summer when outside seating will really make this place something.

The waitress was lovely also.

n. yarmouth
“non locals enjoyed great lunch”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

wonderful taste and presentation Really great find. They were out of beet salad and squash soup. So we enjoyed the corn cake and Maine shrimp and the tacos with chicken. Out of this world mixture of excellent tastes. Rice was slightly undercooked and we mentioned it just as an FYI. They gave us a complimentary cheesecake that was so great we took another To Go!, not trad cheesecake--- a lovely cross between cheesecake and flan, with a lime ginger glaze. We would definitely return when in the area.

Camden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“take it from a local food snob”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This place is a great addition to the ethnic food scene in remote Camden, Maine. We were so happy to try this tiny place right on the main drag. It was hard to get into because it is so popular but well worth the wait. We were greeted by a nice waitress, and put in our drink order right away. The Margaritas were a great first sign, bursting with fresh citrus, just the right balance between tequila and sours. I followed with amazing brussel sprouts in a nutty, deeply satisfying sort of delicious dressing. I never knew raw sprouts could leave me dreaming for more. My husband's app won the day though, delicate corn cakes topped with fresh Maine shrimp in an incredible latin flavored barbecue sauce. This dish could become a bad habit if I'm not careful. I went with the vegie enchiladas,which are great. They had tasty fresh greens, good cheese, and more amazing sauces filled with vibrant pepper flavors, saturated in taste but not too spicy. My husband had the melt in your mouth steak. This was a steal. For under $20 I don't know how they get such tender, and favorable meat. I think they use a local farm, and man, this is the real thing. For a NYC transport to a very rural area, this place makes me happy to live in Maine, get the ocean and mountains and still get the great ethnic food vibe.

1 Thank foodsnob35
Camden, Maine
“Newcomer is a welcome surprise”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Storefront on Rt.1 among other destinations. Well known local chef has bravely opened
in a crowded year round restaurant community. Not cheap and it shouldn't be as the food
is fresh and bright. Focused and enthusiastic with friendly and attractive service. Full bar
and am told a wonderful Mojita. Corn cakes with Maine shrimp and different BBQ sauce.
Excellent pork Tacos with fresh veg. Great addition.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Good flavors”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is a cute place which just opened for lunch. My husband was very happy with his fish tacos. However, I ordered the pork and shrimp stuffed chili relleno, and for a $15 lunch entree, I would have expected more pork and shrimp stuffing, rather than mostly rice. It would have been better had the rice been a side and the pepper stuffed with just pork and shrimp. The flavors were interesting, but this rather annoyed me as while we were willing to pay for good food, this wasn't value for the price.

Visited March 2013