“Great start to our day!”
Review of Bagel Cafe

Bagel Cafe
Ranked #17 of 48 Restaurants in Camden
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great start to our day!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on July 6 for breakfast for 4 before heading out onto the bay. Excellent bagels, great coffee and friendly service. Egg sandwiches were fresh and hot too. Not the prefab eggs like some big chains. Not sure about the few negative reviews. They don't even all make sense. We will be back here again the next time we are in town.

Natick, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best bagels around!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I've been going to the Bagel cafe for a few years now and their bagels cannot be beat! You have a variety of bagel to choose from and you can eat them in normal breakfast fashion with cream cheese, or if it is lunch time get a chicken salad bagel sandwich. The cafe atmosphere is inviting and the space always displays art from local artists which really gives you a sense of community. If you are in the area I would definitely recommend going here to get a bite!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank GoodEatsSeeker
Maine
“Hmmm”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I love the bagels here don't get me wrong, but service was rude several times i have been there. I know they do work in a fast paced environment but it pays to be nice. I ordered the simplest of orders and payed for it, took my coffee and sat with my friends. 20 min go by nothing...three or more people had been served in that time. I went up to the counter she was standing there and then asked "what can I get for you?" I think there needs to be a service 101 with the staff. Any-who I love the bagels and the coffee is great! Great place for business or just pleasure. Day old bagels are a steal if you need a weeks supply. Give them a try you will love them! Just be ware of the service!

Bruce O, Owner at Bagel Cafe, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Hi Scott- I remember your visit to our Cafe yesterday! We took your order and then you paid for it, like you mentioned. We put your bagel into the toaster to begin to prepare it. When it was done toasting, we couldn't find you. We looked at every table to see who was missing a meal. Then, you came out of the bathroom and we realized that it was you that we had missed! We apologized for our error and promptly made you a new one. Again, we're sorry for the delay. We strive for a positive experience for all of our guests. We hope we can WOW you next time!
Camden, Maine
“NY style bagels made fresh daily!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Breakfast and Lunch!
Sandwiches, muffins, cookies, salads, wraps, and soups, {seasonal} something for everyone!
All the yummy bagels & savory fillings, are made in house, fresh daily.
Cozy atmosphere, complete with the locals, who come in to solve all the problems of the day, over a cup of coffee!
My favorite, is the "Hippie!" bagel of your choice, Toffutti on one side, hummus on the other, loaded with veggies, pickles, banana peppers, and finished off with dijon mustard, deliciously messy, so good!
The owners, Bruce and Julie, are such nice folk, as well as their friendly team!

• Visited June 2013
“Fresh muffins and bagels made on site”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

The Bagel Cafe does a great job with fresh muffins and bagels. NY style at Maine prices! Staff greets regulars by name. Owners continue to innovate. They put together platters of muffins, bagels, and lox for our daughter's wedding. My wife likes their ice coffee.