“beautiful presentation”
Review of Fromviandoux - CLOSED

Fromviandoux
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Camden, Maine
“beautiful presentation”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My family recently had a lovely spring brunch at Fromviandoux in Camden and came away favorably impressed with the quality of food, the variety of choices the presentation and the service. We had complimentary quails eggs as an appetizer and following the meal complimentary chocolate truffles that went above and
beyond our expectations. We enjoyed then quiche with mushrooms, herbs and cheese, the eggs benedict was delicious and filling, the frittata the same, and for the younger members of our group the hamburger was a real pleaser. The service was spectacular as was presentation and we expect to become regular customers.

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Could be really fun with slight changes...”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went for dinner based on our inn keepers recommendation. We went on a Saturday night at 6 pm. We were the only people in the place until around 7ish. We started with a cheese plate that was excellent! Great variety and the chef pair the accompaniments. It was delicious. We were asked several times by our waitress if we were ready to order dinner, despite our insistence to her that we were not in rush, she asked several times and then she even advised us "some dishes take a long time to make". Overall, we felt rushed- and I am not sure why, they were not busy... My husband ordered the burger that was good and a nice portion. I ordered the hanger steak. It was a small portion with beans (the beans were a little on the crunchy side, not sure if this was intentional).

There was different French music playing the entire time. I found it distracting. This place seems really funky and fun but came acrossed to us as awkward. It seemed overstaffed and a little pretentious.

1 Thank rchriste170
Lincolnville, Maine
“I Can't Pronounce it but we like it!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Upscale, great food on a side street in Camden. I think it means "from veal to duck" but don't let that stop you. Sit at the bar with 2 or a table with 4 and enjoy excellent food and fair to pricey prices with great atmosphere. I did get the duck and it was great.

Visited February 2013
Maine, USA
“Very pleasant evening!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is my home town turf and, to tell the truth, I've spent more... and enjoyed it less in many of the restaurants in the area (except for the wonderful as always Primo in Rockland!)
so what a delight it was to be within two miles of home at this very lovely restaurant. The decor is understated but elegant with white tablecloths and fresh flowers at the tables. Interesting, WARM breads were brought out after we had put in our drink order and the menu choices were both intriguing and reasonably priced. We split an excellent but ample salad of roasted beets, cauliflower, kale, frisee and the most delicious anchovy dressing; then we both had a beautifully presented and prepared grilled hanger beef steak (a perfect medium rare) with white beans, piave and red wine. We ended with coffee freshly done in a French press.
The restaurant also has an extensive charcuterie and cheese selection... but, for us, we'll save that for another time.
BTW the service was attentive and excellent!
What a nice addition to the Camden area!

2 Thank leaderoftheband
Maine
“Enchanting”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just had my first meal here with a few friends. Beautiful small plates, each bite more exquisite than the next. Everything we had was excellent, though I was especially partial to the blood orange vinaigrette in the salad, the roasted escargot, and the salted caramel ice cream. Service was just right -- understated but so professional. I live an hour away but will gladly make the drive for such amazing food. Loved the decor too. Truly a distinctive, homey, and exceptional place.

• Visited March 2013