All reviews main street fourth floor brick wall balcony overlooking the river gated lot breakfast buffet downtown location cookies make your own waffles middle of town nice balcony park the car shops and restaurants boutique hotel nice amenities floor room dog bed
Reviewed October 21, 2017

We stayed in a suite for two nights during the annual PopTech conference and had such a great stay. The room was nice and spacious, with a balcony and fresh air coming in. The cookies at the front desk were delicious. Homemade granola, local bagels, and quiche at breakfast. And you can't beat the location. But by far the best part of our stay was the service -- in particular, the way Denise at the front desk went above and beyond to do a kindness that solved a problem for us. The personal touch makes all the difference, and you get that at Lord Camden Inn.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2017

I go to New England each year for about 3 weeks to a full month. I stay at some of the best B & Bs and historic inns that New England has to offer.I am hard to impress, but I have to admit that the Lord Camden Inn is right up there with the best of the best.

Room was spotless and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud.
I appreciate early coffee and they serve it up. There is a Keurig machine in the room, but i prefer a fresh brewed regular cup. It was there and plus a delicious buffet. I particularly loved their quiche served at cool or room temp, but my quest did not, that's an easy fix with just 15 seconds in the microwave.
"Essence of New England Views", gracious staff, all the amenities and right in the middle of everything. Where else can you look out one window and see a multi million dollar yacht docking for fuel and a dinner, walk across the street to a grocery store that's been there for over one hundred years for a 7:00 AM picnic day start, hear live music in a great pub only one hundred steps away, and just out the back door and across the street buy rare antiquities at bargain basement prices?

I really do not have the time to list all of the wonderful things in and very near the Lord Camden Inn........nor would you believe me anyway. My gain and your loss, because if you do not go there, it just means I will have no problem buying my "ticket to paradise" next year.
THANK YOU, Lord Camden Inn for giving me a great memory. Something everyone needs in any season of their life. I promise I will return.

Room tip: Just like every decent hotel. Stay away from the Front desk rooms, work out rooms and early breakfast rooms......use common sense.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

We stayed there for 3 nights on a 15 day trip visiting the New England states. The 1st night we were in a room a few feet away from the front desk. Because of the talking in the hall we did not get to go to sleep until late and then were awaken early in a.m to the talking at the front desk. We were changed to another room the 2 me night and got a good night sleep that night. When we returned to the room at the end of the day, the bed was only partially made. the shams and bedspread were on the sofa where we had placed the night before. There was trash on floor. The coffeemaker had not been emptied(maybe I was suppose to have done it)Clean towels were left on the bathroom countertop on top of the hair dryer. The breakfast had a good selection but not served at the proper temperature. I do not think that anyone like a cold quiche. I left my review card at the front desk when I left for the manager. Thinking I might get an apology email for our bad experience. This hotel had been recommended by friends that had stayed there before. I guess it has gone downhill since their last stay

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Passport678275
lcimanager, General Manager at Lord Camden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay. We take pride in living by the rule that each piece of feedback is an essential tool used towards positive growth. I am greatly apologetic that your experience lead to a 1 bubble review and would like to extend my apologies for learning of your stay through TripAdvisor. I have looked for the in-house comment card that you mention leaving, but have not been able to come across this or I would have indeed touched base by phone as you mentioned, because every guest stay matters to us here at Lord Camden Inn.

I will certainly review with our housekeeping team as to the thoroughness of your stayover service as indeed this is not to the level of our standards. While we have green initiatives within the bathroom area, many of the items you mentioned in your guestroom are not part of them. We strive to present a healthy and good start breakfast to the morning by offering farm fresh scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage all served hot, as well as many other items such as baked from scratch pastries and muffins as well as locally sourced bagels. And while some days we also provide a quiche option in addition to our full breakfast buffet, this is indeed not kept in our chafing dishes as traditionally this is a dish served cold or at room temperature. We found after experimenting with offering this on warming plates that the egg or cheese would sometimes separate or appear rubberized due to the constant warming throughout service. We are pleased to individual slices whenever we’ve had this requested on the days we have offered this item.

In the end, it is clear we missed the mark with your expectations and overall stay experience, and there are items within your stay we could have done much better and to our expectations. I can assure you that we continually grow every aspect of the Lord Camden Inn and are not going downhill. As hospitality is a service delivered personally with a warm welcome, I am always available by phone should you wish to speak further.

Erick Anderson, General Manager

Reviewed October 16, 2017

Small room, but very attractively furnished with a great selection of soaps, lotions, bath gels, etc. in the bathroom. Very helpful and friendly people working at the front desk. Responsibly priced. Free parking and easy walking to the shops, restaurants and the water. Breakfast included also.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

This was our last stop on a 10 day Mew England fall foliage trip. We got a nice room
overlooking the creek. Nice breakfast just down the hallway. Staff were nice. Great location walking distance to the harbor and shops and restaurants.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple