All reviews main street fourth floor brick wall balcony overlooking the river gated lot breakfast buffet downtown location cookies make your own waffles middle of town nice balcony park the car shops and restaurants boutique hotel nice amenities floor room dog bed
Reviewed November 30, 2015

Four generations of our family have stayed at the Lord Camden over the past five decades, and the imminent arrival of our newest family addition will shortly mark our 5th generation. The reason is simply that we are so comfortable and feel so welcome. A very old building in the center of town that has both brick exteriors and interiors so each room is quiet. In fact the entire inn is quiet and both children and dogs are welcome and enjoyed by all. You are about a 2 minute walk to the harbor with its Windjamers and a 5 minute walk to the base of Mt. Battie and several hiking choices of varying difficulty. A car ride of 10 minutes takes you to a beautiful lake as well as to the ski area that is the closest to the coast of any area in the Eastern US. Chef Eric puts out excellent buffet breakfasts for no additional charge, and it is entirely your choice to what degree you wish to socialize with other guests.
The Lord Camden should be on any New England traveler's list and, like the finest hotels in the world, your individual preferences will be recorded in the inn's computers for your future visits.
The inn is very well-managed, and the staff is uniformly competently and enthusiastic. On our recent Thanksgiving visit they were all decorating their Christmas Tree. Oh, lest I forget, the Inn has coffee, fruit, and juice in its lobby all day but in the early afternoon they are joined by homemade cookies and other treats. Don't pass this establishment by.

Room tip: Harbor, town, and river views.Many variations in room layouts, most with balconies and sitting areas. No corridors so no hallway noise.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Dave H
Reviewed November 30, 2015

The Lord Camden Inn was clean and pleasant. The staff was wonderful namely Karisa, Audrey, Stacie, Shaina, Ben and Booth.
The bed was very comfortable and the bath spacious . The breakfast food and room was nicely laid out on the food excellent.
My wife and I, plus the dog really had a great stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2015 via mobile

Overall this is a very good place to stay. Easy walk to everything in downtown Camden. Hotel provides breakfast my only complaint was the food was not hot enough. Room was very good, heater was a little loud. A can of wd40 would help all the doors squeeked. Would stay here again room has coffee if you don't want to leave the room. Cookies & coffee in the lobby in the afternoon. Finding the back entrance (to unload luggage)is a little hard(go to the very end by the ice cream stand can't see hotel sign until you get to end). Private secure parking but it is a block plus from hotel and you have get the key each time

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2015

This hotel is conveniently located in the middle of downtown Camden, within walking distance of restaurants and shopping. Check in was easy; staff was friendly. A very important note-- there are many different room sizes and configurations; this is why the reviews on the rooms are mixed. Most of the rooms and bathrooms are rather small, both the "harbor view" rooms, as well as the "village" rooms. Suites are larger, as well as some basic rooms--you need to inquire. The reasons I'm giving a "very good" rating, and not "excellent" are the breakfasts and lack of cleanliness --the breakfasts were mediocre at best; eggs were tasteless and barely warm, the "pastries" consisted of a blueberry muffin (not actually bad, but there was only one kind offered). The fruit was a bowl of mixed fruit that looked like it had been frozen. And it goes on... The worst part was the sign asking that you clear your table, separate your utensils from the leftover food, and put all in the proper place. So, apparently they don't wipe off the tables in between patrons! On a positive note, the room was attractively decorated. The complaint I had with the cleanliness of the room was the dirty carpet; otherwise, it was fine.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank andaLynnHaven_Fl
Reviewed November 3, 2015

Let me start by saying I am not a big fan in "inns", but traveling in Maine for a week, we stayed in several, because that is mostly what was available. I was a bit worried about the Lord Camden at first but it turned out better than expected. The lobby was not all that welcoming and I thought I had made a huge mistake. Our room was very, very nice, clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. I never have much use for fridge/microwaves in hotels but there was a very nice setup in our room. Nice bedding. A great air conditioner which is also a rarity in many Maine hotels. Our room had an awesome view of the harbor and downtown, which I think I paid extra for. Unfortunately, it was very foggy that day. The hotel is right in the center of town which was very convenient. The parking was a block away from the hotel so that was a bit inconvenient, but you can unload in back before parking your car. The breakfast was great. We don't usually partake in those continental breakfasts at many hotels but this was a full breakfast and a pleasant surprise. I would recommend the Lord Camden. I picked 3 locations in Maine, Kennebunkport, Camden and Bar Harbor and we visited all the recommended tourist destinations in between. Great way to travel Maine! FYI, Maine pretty much shuts down after Columbus day.

Date of stay: October 2015