All reviews main street fourth floor brick wall balcony overlooking the river gated lot breakfast buffet downtown location cookies make your own waffles middle of town nice balcony park the car nice amenities shops and restaurants boutique hotel floor room dog bed
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I stay here every year, and really enjoy the Lord Camden Inn. We stayed here July 22nd through July 25th. We opted for a suite which was very nice with the extra room and outside balcony. We like the Lord Camden Inn for the friendliness of the staff, and its location in the heart of Camden. The Inn's parking lot is 2 blocks north of the Inn in a lot accessed only through a card key.
If you have heavy luggage, it's best to enter the Inn from the front door on Route 1. Otherwise, you have to walk up a small staircase in the rear. This small inconvenience is well worth it for the location of the Inn. The Inn serves a nice breakfast with a wide variety of items to choose from.

Room tip: Rooms in the front have harbor views.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
InnsManager, General Manager at Lord Camden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear John G,

We are always excited to see returning faces to Lord Camden Inn and honored that you took the time to provide a review! Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff friendliness, location of the Inn and our breakfast. We take great pride in offering world class services and amenities and I am happy to read of your enjoyment.

We greatly thank you again for your patronage to Lord Camden Inn. We look forward to welcoming you both with the warm smiles you have become accustomed to during your next stay in Camden.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

What a beautiful hotel right in the heart of Camden. The service is stupendous, it's front and centre on the Main St, and there's free wi-fi / full breakfast (two of my critical criteria for a 5 star rating). If you're going to be here a night or a weekend, see if this place is free, you'll be glad you did.

We stayed here for one night on our drive through Maine and had no issues reserving seeing as how it was for a Sunday night. If you're on a tight budget this may be a worthwhile splurge.

Room tip: The third floor has a great view of the inner harbour and street life. I can only imagine the 4th is even better. Try to get a balcony.
Date of stay: August 2014

Dear DaRealAlliG,

Thank you so much for taking the time to contribute to our TripAdvisor page! We take great pride in providing distinguished customer service and I am happy to read your stupendous review. Our premier location is surely a great asset to the Inn, offering our guests all of Camden’s amenities within footsteps of our entrance.

We’re honored to have made the mark in your review of 5 bubbles and look forward to being of service again during your next travels to Camden, Maine!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Lord Camden for a 2+ day getaway trip. We feel we made a good choice. Our room was on the fourth floor looking out toward the former Knox Mill complex (now restaurants and condominiums) We especially enjoyed the balcony and watching the sunset. The room was comfortable and clean (there was some mold in the shower grout). There was fresh coffee in the lobby as well as cookies or fruit for guests. There also was a Keurig machine in the room, which was nice first thing in the morning. The breakfast was wonderful with a variety of fruit, eggs, bagels, etc. A big plus for the Lord Camden is its location. Being right in town it is close to shops, the waterfront, restaurants and the large park. It also is near the farmers' market. It was nice just to be able to stroll around the area or sit and relax in the park and enjoy the view of the harbor.

Room tip: All of the rooms have balconies. The best views are on the front facing the downtown and waterfront. However, the back rooms aren't bad, especially when there's a sunset. Some of the balconies are next to AC vents and these can be noisy when you sit on the patio or if you want to keep your room door open.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
InnsManager, General Manager at Lord Camden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear Wayne B,

We’re so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for sharing with our TripAdvisor community! I am so happy you included your Village View accommodations and the beautiful sunset you experienced. Thank you for your comments on the clean and comfort of your stay but please accept my sincere apologies for the shower grout. I will be certain to ensure our engineering and housekeeping teams are aware of this so they may remedy this immediately.

Our Keurig coffee makers are a highly remarked guest room amenity and as coffee lovers ourselves we love offering the array of complimentary teas and coffees alongside them. Thank you for highlighting your breakfast experience as our Breakfast Team is all new this year and certainly providing a great product and showcase for a great start to the day! Our Premier Downtown location is surely one of the greatest assets of ours. With this our guests can fully experience Camden within footsteps of our entrances and we are happy to learn you were able to enjoy the area to include the lovely farmers’ market!

We look forward to your next stay with us! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay more enjoyable!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

A group of four of us (two rooms of two) stayed three nights at the Lord Camden Inn in early July. First: the location. This hotel could not be better situated for enjoying the loveliest town in Maine. It's in the middle of town, on the main street, and across from the harbor. It's an easy walk to great restaurants, quaint shops, the public library, and sailing excursions from the harbor. Also, there's great ice cream right out the back door, so it's harder to imagine a more ideal location. Second: the accommodation. When booking your room, take the plunge (it's not that much more expensive) and get one with a harbor view. Our rooms with "partial harbor view" were just lovely. We had beautiful views of the harbor and downtown from our third-floor rooms. The rooms themselves were spotlessly clean, smelled fresh, and were tastefully decorated. The staff were so friendly, so gracious, and so helpful. And finally, breakfast was delicious. There was a great variety from day to day, so we didn't grow weary of it after the second day. Also, there was a raspberry trifle served at breakfast--we thought it was an odd offering, but it was fantastic (light and not too sweet).

Room tip: Harbor-view rooms (rather than rooms over the river) are the way to go!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear TNixon2014,
I would like to take the time to graciously thank you for contributing a review on behalf of your group! As Camden’s Premier Downtown Inn we take great pride in being able to offer our guests a non-vehicle experience of Camden by allowing them to fully experience all of which you highlighted within footsteps of our entrances including the ice cream! Our Harbor View rooms are indeed our most sought after rooms throughout the year and provide those beautifully stunning inner and outer views of Camden Harbor and Penobscot Bay Islands!

Thank you for your comments on the cleanliness of the rooms along with their décor. As a boutique Inn we present a royal New England atmosphere to include wainscoting, granite surfaces, light tones throughout and not to forget our plush regal linens. It’s with these touches that we mean to not transport you away from Maine yet compliment its beauty.

Our staff thanks you kindly for your comments of their customer service. We strive to provide world class and tailored customer service and are excited to share our little jewel of the world with our guests.

The Breakfast team is all new as of this summer and is certainly presenting a great offering. The trifle you were served is a unique addition and has been receiving many great comments! It’s a great sinful treat to start your morning yet as you mentioned light and not too sweet.

We look forward to hosting your next group stay when your adventures point you back to Camden and the Midcoast of Maine!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Located in the middle of town with restaurants and shops all around, this is a great location for exploring beautiful Camden.

I was given a ground floor suite, tucked around the corner from reception. It had a balcony overhanging the river, separate living room with fireplace and kitchenette, large en-suite and cozy bedroom.

The staff were lovely and allowed me to park near my room to unload, before directing me to the parking station (free for hotel guests). Everything was in walking distance so I didn't need my car.

My room felt more like a really luxurious apartment. I felt self-contained and could have hibernated here quite happily!

My favourite thing was the walk-in high-tech shower, with multiple jets...sigh. There was also a separate bathtub with jacuzzi jets, perfect for soaking in. The towels were soft and the toiletries okay.

The bed was way too soft for me and after two nights my spine was creaking, but the pillows were very good.

Breakfast was included with the room and there was a good selection to start the day. Having a Keurig machine in the room was a bonus.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear ThePackedBag,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such a lovely review of Lord Camden Inn! We greatly appreciate the highlights of your stay that you shared to include the well appointed room and its amenities, breakfast, and the staff.

Our mattresses comments are usually are on high remark by our guests, but we do understand that every traveler sleeps differently and apologize that our mattresses were not quite a match to your spine. During your next stay I would love to look into ways to stiffen this for you maybe by way of a bed board.

I’m happy you were able to utilize the soaking Jacuzzi bath tub as this is a recently added amenity to our 3 main floor suites and feel these really set a great spa-like tone along with our body jet rain showers.

We look forward to being of service during your next stay in Camden!