“Great Chowder”

Mount Battie Take Out
Ranked #10 of 50 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We camp at Camden Hills State Park most Septembers. This year, we tried the Take Out for the first time. (It fit the schedule.) Great chowder. Friendly "Yankee" owner. Next time I go through Camden "in season," this is where I'll have lunch. Next September, my wife and I will definitely eat here again when we camp.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We discovered Mt Battie Take Out last year when we took our niece for a hike in Camden Hills State Park. You will not find two nicer or friendlier owners. We ordered a Maine Shrimp Basket that had enough to feed two of us and even had some leftover shrimp and french fries. My son had a Steak Sub Basket and he, too, had a hard time finishing his meal, but saved room for dessert! My husband a Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Basket, which was a special today and he was quite happy with his meal. All the food was cooked while we waited, so our meals were nice and hot. Afterwards we enjoyed some delicious Gifford's ice cream...again, big serving, so plenty to share. Prices are extremely reasonable for the amount of food you receive. This place should be on everyone's list as a place to eat when in mid-coast Maine!

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped hear after couldnt figure out where to eat. You wouldnt expect such amazing food from its little appearance. We talked with presumably the owner..older guy who said he was from Boston. He talked to us the whole time we waited for our food. So friendly and worth it. Had my first lobster roll ever there and it was over flowing with sweet fresh lobster $12.99. My husband had the steak sandwich which was made with steak chunks and fresh peppers and onions not weird minced frozen veggies you usually get from places. Every one should visit this place!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stopped here on a whim before our hike in the Camden Hills and were very impressed. Not only was it very conveniently located at the time, but the food was delicious with generous portions and the guy at the window (who I assume is the owner) was very nice and chatted us up while we waited for our food. I definitely recommend stopping here if you are driving by and happen to be hungry.

Oh and I almost forgot, the food was a great deal too! 5 stars for value which is very rare for me to rate that way!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stopped here for a quick bite. The owner was very friendly. The seafood was exceptionally fresh and tasty, particularly the scallops. Don't miss the ice cream.