“Perfect lunch spot”

Fresh & Co.
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Please Check Our Website For More Accurate Menu Samples And Hours Of Operation! Thank You!
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our food was delicious and service was friendly and prompt. Had one of the best lobster rolls i have ever had. Very good experience!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We've eaten at Fresh before and chose it today since we had a good experience as well as 15% off coupon from Wayfarer Marine. I had the crab cake BLT and my husband had the chicken gyro. Both were good and came with a choice of fries or orzo mint salad (excellent, by the way). The kids meals were pricey at $9, especially for slightly over cooked chicken tenders and standard pasta with butter. The meal includes soda, but there is a $1 surcharge for Captain Eli's draft root beer. The real kicker was they didn't honor the 15% off coupon towards the kids meals, only our adult meals. The coupon states "Discount applies towards food only. Not good towards bottled beverages or alcohol. Offer may not be combined with any other discount or special." So, we asked the server, who in turn asked the manager. The server returned to the table and said the manager said it states it on the discount card. We could only guess that they believe their $9 kids meal is a special, which to me is very overpriced, but there seemed little sense to argue of over it. Fresh, if you are going to offer 15% off, just do it.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Could you eat on the water facing the harbor? Of course, but my inclination is always to avoid those places generally because they don't have the best food. Just liked what this place offered and gave it a shot -- best food we had in Camden without a doubt. The fried calamari appetizer was small but truly our best calamari in Maine -- tender and not tough, lightly breaded unlike so many others, and I asked for pomodora sauce instead of the spicey sauce that came with it -- no problem for our waitress. My haddock (special offering that night -- over crabmeat) was also the BEST I had in two weeks visiting Maine this year. The bread is excellent French bread to start and I had no room for dessert after this meal unfortunately. As I exited the restaurant, I told everyone outside looking at the menu to definitely go in side and definitely get the special Haddock -- when I like a place, I tell everyone!!

1  Thank goodfoodguy747
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I visited camden and had heard great things about fresh and their food. The food was splendid. However the service was poor to say the least. We were greeted at the door by a very nice waitress, which was abruptly and rudely interrupted by the hostess- which like our server bareley spoke English. The waitress had no comprehension of the menu, we could hardly understand her as she could not understand us. We asked for a wine recommendation which baffled the server. She seemed as if she was frantic and confused and the restaurant only had 5 tables. I highly recommend the food however we hope if and when we go back the service will be much more professional and helpful- very disappointing

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Although not directly on the water, Fresh makes up for the absence with excellent food, nicely presented in pleasant surroundings. Service was prompt and attentive. A very good alternative to the somewhat over priced tourist places along the harbor.