“Great atmosphere - top quality food”
Review of Fresh & Co.

Fresh & Co.
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Please Check Our Website For More Accurate Menu Samples And Hours Of Operation! Thank You!
Reviewed November 6, 2012

A wonderfully relaxed evening with great food.

A nice session of live music set up the evening of fantastic food and friendly service

Informal atmosphere and interesting changing menu make this a place to come back to again and again

Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Odd experience at Fresh for dinner recently. Decor is inviting casual and comfortable. Waiter came immediately, removed the wine list when we told him it would not be necessary, but never asked us if we wanted any other beverage. No big deal as we were happy with the water provided. We ordered dinner and it came about 35 minutes later.

The Statler chicken (Moroccan spice rubbed) was delicious. Not too spicy, interesting flavors with fresh figs and ginger-cumin yogurt. It was served with a very small mound of “minted” tabbouleh which I found heavy, oily and tasteless. My dinner was also served with a few asparagus spears.

My dinner partner had chicken pot pie with sweet potato crust. The crust was overdone but still flavorful. The chicken pie’s “savory herb sauce” was very bland, though the chicken tender. It was a large portion and very filling.

There was no salt or pepper on the table, nor on any of the surrounding tables, not sure why,. It was not a problem for us, just thought it another odd thing.

The waiter was attentive without being intrusive, he was quite knowledgeable, answering our menu questions.

The bill came to $38 and change for two meals, no drinks, no dessert, no coffee. Two $20 bills were given along with a third $20 bill and a request for it to be broken down. We should have received a total of $21 plus change. The waiter returned with a ten, a five and five ones but said he kept the $1.00 and change from the dinner “to put towards his tip.” What? I don’t care if one cent is the change owed, you do not keep what is not yours. My dinner partner is far more forgiving than I, and left a very generous tip. I would have made that $1.00 and change the tip without a second thought for his presumptuousness.

1  Thank CamME1
FreshCamden, General Manager at Fresh & Co., responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear CamME1,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review of your recent experience here at Fresh. Although your experience was a bit mixed I am glad that you enjoyed several aspects of your evening that included the preparation of your entrees, portion size, and the overall ambiance of the restaurant. To minimize clutter on the tables, we have traditionally not included salt & pepper mills on the table, but gladly provide them upon request.

I am encouraged by the fact that your server seemed knowledgeable regarding our menu. Product knowledge along with outstanding customer service are top priorities for our staff and hallmarks of our business. As far as your server experience at the end of the meal with regards to your bill and how change was given back, I sincerely apologize for this ever happening and want to assure you that we absolutely do not condone such behavior. Please know that I have spoken to all of our staff regarding this incident and am taking steps to ensure nothing like this ever happens again.

I assure you that this was not business as usual here at Fresh, and I do hope you choose to dine with us in the future, and when you do, please ask for me personally.

Jessica Duffy,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fresh is a great restaurant right near the water in Camden. We enjoyed outdoor dining on their small patio and delicious food! The special that night was delicious (a steak dish) as was the food my husband enjoyed. They were very family-friendly with our 18-month old. The kid's food was not frozen packaged chicken fingers, but seemed to be homemade and came with healthy side options. There is a small cafe section of Fresh with sandwiches, coffee, breakfast, dessert, small groceries etc. We grabbed dessert to go after our dinner and it was delicious! We enjoyed our experience so much that we came back two days later to get lunch to go on a boat trip. It lives up to it's name -- fresh ingredients, great taste! A must for any meal in Camden!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Was A great lunch! The Fish Chowder was awesome! Wish we would have gone there for dinner instead of another local place. We will for sure eat there again when we go back!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Great food, service and reasonable prices. Right next door to the wonderful Grand Harbor Inn. If you miss this one you'll be sorry. In addition, the adjoining bakery is sooooo good. Don't miss it.