“Perfect harbor cruise”

Schooner Lazy Jack II
Ranked #6 of 14 Tours in Camden
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Camden, Maine and Penobsot Bay on the only schooner built and captained by her owner, Sean O'Connor. This is our 19th year on the water in Camden! Join us for a 2 hour day sail or your own private charter for an afternoon or an entire day. Sailing mid-May to October from the Public Landing in scenic Camden, Maine. Take a turn at the helm or just enjoy the beauty of Penobscot Bay. Keep an eye out for seals, porpoise, bald eagles and osprey while viewing the magnificent scenery. Children and dogs are welcome. We offer senior citizen discounts as well.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had the pleasure of enjoying an evening harbor cruise on the Lazy Jack II recently and found the schooner to be impeccably maintained and crewed by exceptionally knowledgeable and friendly sailors. Captain Shawn and his first mate did a great job of answering all questions and providing interesting insight into the sights of Camden harbor and the surrounding landscape. The views of the islands in the bay were stunning and we were even able to see the mountains of Acadia National park. The shore crew was also warm and welcoming and Gayle was very helpful in finding us the booking we wanted. Pro-tip: You can bring whatever you want on the boat in terms of food and drink, but make sure to bring your own glasses, utensils and bottle/wine openers because none of these boats stock those items. There is a cute wine shop just up the alley from the pier that also sells wine, crackers and beer, so be sure to grab a snack for your cruise. Don't leave Camden without a harbor cruise and do yourself a favor and book a trip on this wonderful schooner.

There are newer reviews for Schooner Lazy Jack II

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The Lazy Jack crew (Captain Shawn) graciously booked our antique car tour group at the last minute because the Appledore couldn't make it up from Florida in time. It was nice to have the two captains work together to provide a sail for our group. Shawn loves what he does and doesn't seem to get tired of taking groups out, letting them help with the sails, answering countless questions, and pointing things out. You can bring any food and beverage you want on the boat. We had a perfect trip!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I grew up near Camden but now live out of the state of Maine. I scheduled that 9 members of my extended family would do the 4th of July cruise to see the fireworks & the harbor. I booked more than a month in advance. To say we were all looking forward to this is an understatement. Our group included 3 young boys. They were so, so very excited.

When we arrived we were told that there was a possible weather system coming that might cancel our trip & possibly even the fireworks. When the schooner Olad headed out, Kim (who was wonderful) told us most likely we would go out as well. The schooner Appledore also went out. But our trip was cancelled. Which truly made no sense to us as clearly other experienced captains took out passengers. The captain suggested I try to go out with another schooner. This was ridiculous as the other boats were obviously already booked. He was apologetic insisting it was weather that made him cancel. The night remained lovely (with a few drops of brief rain). It seemed to me that the Lazy Jack was living up to its name - there was no good reason not to take our a full boat of paying passengers. If the captain was tired or not inclined to do a Fireworks Cruise I would have gladly booked another boat. But I needed adequate notice. I am disappointed & cannot recommend planning a trip with this schooner as it was certainly unreliable for me personally. Our group was very disappointed - particularly 3 little boys. I thought others should be aware of our experience.

4  Thank JennyJoline
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

The Lazy Jack II is the fastest ship on the bay which means more sailing and better sight of the bay!

Captain Shawn is friendly and great with kids. He gave us a great history of the bay and knowledge of the surrounding islands and geography.

We highly recommend this cruise!

1  Thank CinciPatron
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Dogs and kids are welcome aboard the Lazy Jack! The sail is two-hours, and they fly by. The boat's squeaky clean, the captain and mate competent and friendly without being cartoon-ish. It's OK to bring snacks and beverages (both kinds) aboard. I'd go back.