“Nice cocktail hour!”

57 Bayview Bar & Bistro
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband, my dog and I loved that place. Food was excellent and the owner & Chef were very friendly! They took good care of us and welcomed our new puppy at their restaurant terrace!
Well located, this was an awesome evening. Thanks
Sophie, Eric & Gunner, CT

1  Thank S0phie31

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The Romanian waitress was very nice and attentive. Shame we heard someone from the kitchen (and we weren't that close to the kitchen) say to her "I know you are a hard worker but lighten up will you". Not necessary.

Food was good not great.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is a wonderful, small restaurant with a focus on quality. The service was attentive and warm without being overwhelming to our socializing. But, the food was outstanding. All four of us ordered the special of the night which was a lobster risotto. It was truly a peak culinary experience. The risotto was a creamy delight with a whole poached, deshelled, lobster on top. I have rarely, if ever, had risotto cooked as well in a restaurant.
The crab cakes we shared as appetizers were also outstanding. They were clearly made from very fresh crab and cooked with a light, expert hand.
Even the coffee and dessert made with Maine blueberries were outstanding.
The restaurant advertises its use of fresh, local ingredients. This is one place where the proof of the claim is evident on the table.

1  Thank momoboys_12
Reviewed September 1, 2012

What a nice surprise: Very large martinis, awesome local bread and dipping oil, great beet and Caprese salads and to die for poached lobster and pork entrees. The best part was the extremely attentive and friendly service...I'd go back again in a heartbeat!

1  Thank Stephen L
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our friends at the Admiral's Buttons just down the street recommended this cozy upscale bistro and we're so glad they did. My wife and I enjoyed an early dinner with the scallops and an extraordinary poached lobster. Service was warm and friendly and the wines affordably priced. Desserts were delicious... modestly sized but more than enough. We'd go back again anytime. A word of caution: several of the upstairs tables utilize very low tables and divan-style seating that's tough on aging bones or a bad back. While intimate and intriguing, they're tough to get in and out of....if that's a concern specify when you make a reservation.

1  Thank Ontheroadagain449