“some good, some great and don't be in a hurry” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of 57 Bayview Bar & Bistro - CLOSED

57 Bayview Bar & Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“some good, some great and don't be in a hurry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

Would actually rate it between Average and Very Good.
Brushetta was great, crabcakes were good but only 3 small on the dinner plate, Lobster and corn risotto special was a bit too sweet. One diner likened it to bread pudding, which is not what we expected for dinner.
My biggest complaint is the amount of time to be served. Another table actually left after drinks because it took so long.
Can't understand how, during high season (and toward the end in fact), they still only had the bartender waiting on the patio tables. She was also tending the bar and making drinks for the restaurant.
Bayview is the name of the street; it's not on the water and there is no view.

• Visited August 2011

Gardner, Massachusetts
“Words fail to describe the excellence of the food at Bayview Bar & Bistro.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

My husband and I just returned from one of the best meals that we have had in a long time. It began with one of the signature martinis (the Flirt-ini to be exact) and ended with the Maine blueberry cobbler. All of the food was exquisite and you can be sure we will return on our next trip to Camden. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank Clifford H
Long Island City, New York
“Pork tasted like soap”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

Went for dinner.. ordered drinks then some kind of pork. Drinks came fast but then we didn't see our waitress for about 45 min. She was busy bartending. Other people got their food within 10 min of sitting at the bar. That extremely annoyed us being that we had waited over and hour. My pork came and I had to actually spit it out it tasted like soap!!! I had my guest try it to confirm it was soap we were tasting. My guests steak was better. I never send back food for fear of retaliation by the chef so I just played with the food. Bill came to around 70. 70 dollars wasted.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Seattle, Washington
“Delicious food, casual atmosphere, unique facility”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

Fun location for a quick bite with coctail or a more leisurely meal. New outdoor space is a comfortable work in progress. Personable staff attending to tourists and a variety of talkative locals create an entertaining environment.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank SeaChas
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well..not good. Too bad it sucked after reading all the reviews. Really I would not bother to say so unless compelled.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

Took my mom and sister with bro on law for special meal to cap off vacation. Pleasant welcome but that is all I can say. Do not order steak. Or complain if it's not to your liking. They won't listen. I suspect they lack a decent broiler or worse the know how to cook a steak to order for 25 dollars. The chard offered as a side was bitter. Very. We had to beg for the check in order to escape. Despite the name there is no view even from the "vaulted second floor".

• 1 of 5 bubbles