“If I could eat here every day I would! Yes it is that good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Long Grain

Long Grain
Ranked #8 of 47 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Salem, Massachusetts
“If I could eat here every day I would! Yes it is that good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled in for lunch on Saturday and were extremely lucky to be seated within 5 minutes. So many call ahead that they have to turn people away or tell them to come back in 2 hours. The decor is simple, eclectic and charming. The service was great but the food.......beyond delicious! Our meals were fresh and popping with flavor! I had Pad Thai and my husband had one of the noodle dishes with chicken and mushrooms. We are still talking about how wonderful it was! Go here....Don't miss out BUT call ahead or be prepared to wait or be turned away!

warren
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Yum! Outstanding Night Market Soup and fresh noodles. Love this food. Have only been lucky enough to go here 2 times but both were delish!

Visited November 2012
Portland, Maine
“Popular and Down to Earth”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

My friend and I arrived an hour early for our dinner reservation, and they were able to seat us. The restaurant is small, simple and unadorned. While it's thankfully unpretentious, its actually a little TOO dressed-down. My chair seat was worn and not very comfortable, nor did any seating look to be particularly comfortable in the 10-table dining room. We also noticed and felt a bit distracted by the automatic burst of apparent warm air that blasted each time the door to the restaurant was opened or closed.

The service was attentive and prompt. There was a moment, however, after my food was served- before I returned to the table after taking a mens room break, that I had to ask for a fork because all there were for utensils, were chopsticks. For food I ordered the coconut soup and my friend had a chive and garlic dumplings. He devoured the latter and made his delight known, while I also really liked my soup, which was rich in flavorful spices- though one item I couldn't identify at first, but decided that it was an inedible exotic mushroom. I also don't prefer tofu simply cut in big chunks without being sauteed a little. Despite that, it was very fresh and the soup overall was a winner. My friend had one of the wide noodle dishes for his entree, and gobbled that right up, too. I liked my pad thai, but was expecting something just a little more fantastic. The tofu was better in this dish, but the thai spices just weren't grabbing me in the noodles and sauce.

My friend really likes this popular restaurant in the beautiful Maine seaside town of Camden. The food is better than average and has a healthy, local flair at a good price with good service. I would go back and it's certainly a restaurant that I would recommend.

• Visited January 2013
Rockland, Maine
“Worth going to if you have time to kill.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Very little place, close quarters. Food is very flavorful and delicious. Only complaint is how spicy a dinner can be when asked for it to be "mild". I think the waitress forgot to put that in.... Takes a very long time to get food. Service could be better.

Visited August 2012
Rockland, Maine
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

The place is great. Not much room and the place fills up quick, so plan ahead. Soups are something you cannot forget. Everything I have ordered has been great. My friends and I all love the place.

• Visited October 2012