All reviews quiche grand suite gas fireplace each morning breakfast delivered to the room yogurt balcony overlooking sister property turn down service double sided fireplace jacuzzi tub keurig coffee maker great shower camden harbor living room comfortable bed fantastic location
Reviewed April 25, 2015 via mobile

Greeted by Grace an exceptional young lady who immediately made us feel at home and went above and beyond to make our stay spectacular! The room was luxurious and comfortable in every way with lovely views. Great location within walking distance of everything. Would highly recommend a stay! And say hi to Grace!!

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2015

First I have to mention that I stayed at the Grand Harbor April 15th through the 18th. Clearly pre-summer season so rates were reasonable. It seemed to be quiet-probably because a couple of restaurants were not open for the season yet but Peter Ott's was and they had the best crab cakes plus they made lobster fettuccine alfredo per our request which was delicious! The room was luxurious, clean and it had many extras such as a seating area in front of the gas fireplace & a desk with every kind of electronic device plug that you may need and free wifi. There was a charming octagon room with a sleeper couch that had a slider door to a deck. Everything looked like the photos online. I have to say the deck on the water "view" room which faces the parking lot but still has a clear shot to see the water is rather tight but I still enjoyed the sunrise and afternoons sitting outside. I would say the sleeping area of the room was not very spacious but it was fine-it had a long narrow feel to it but I loved the octagon room with the couch, so much natural light comes in there. There are darkening drapes plus sheers that can be drawn to keep the light out. I didn't need heat or A/C so I cannot comment on those areas. I actually opened the windows during the day & the chilly nights. I didn't hear any noise from the restaurants or other hotel guests but, again, this was just BEFORE the busy season. All the boat slips weren't in the water yet. There were a few boats docked which was nice to look at but half were stilled covered from the winter season. There was turn down service with a chocolate candy & lavender sache left by the pillow and the staff was very attentive by making reservations for us, brought extra pillows and an extra deck chair to our room. You fill out a breakfast 'card' and place it on your door the night before and it will be delivered to your room at your requested time the next morning. This is complimentary with the room. I enjoyed the quiche which was creamy like custard, also the yogurt with granola & berries was yummy but the muffin was a bit bland for my taste. You can have your choice of juice and a coffee but we also had a Keurig machine with all the fixings and mini frig in the room. Coffee is found in the lobby as well. Of course its location is right in the middle of charming Camden. Many shops and places to eat! I suggest walking the dock in front of Peter Ott's Restaurant at sunrise for amazing views. Then if you walk outside on the opposite side of the hotel lobby you will see a water fall across the way. I included some photos. I preferred going when it was off-peak to avoid crowds & noise. Could be a bit chilly this time of year for most but I like it under 70 degrees. I traveled with my two sisters and it was a very enjoyable stay!

Room tip: I didn't have a water front room-just water 'view'. Make sure you know the difference. Ask which rooms are bigger if you are looking for spacious on the inside or deck.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2015

We had the most wonderful stay at the Grand Harbor Inn last week. The staff was so friendly and helpful from the second we stepped foot in the door. Nicole quickly checked us in (after letting us know that we had been upgraded to a waterfront room) and helped us up to our room to go through the vast amenities that our hotel room had to offer.

The amenities are numerous, too many to really include them all but here are a few highlights: rain shower head and body jets, jacuzzi tub, balcony with seating area, wonderful breakfast delivered to the room, fireplace, the list goes on and on...

Grace was also wonderfully helpful with finding us some lighthouses to go view and a few possibilities for place to go fly kites. Even though it was too early in the season for a lot that Maine has to offer, we had a wonderful time. I'm looking forward to going back again and staying at this hotel!

Room tip: Waterfront Deluxe Rooms are the Best
Reviewed April 19, 2015

This is such a great hotel..... Everything you can ask for. Comfort, great view, comfortable bed, GREAT breakfast..... I cannot think of one thing that we don't like. This is our 4th time here, always at the same time in April......

Room tip: If possible, get Room 1..... the best in the hotel (Only has 11 rooms)
1  Thank denmark666
Reviewed April 10, 2015

You know I should have written this review last fall after we stayed at this location but was just too busy to complete all of my reviews. So I am now going to try catching up.

I found Grand Harbor Inn online I believe on TA....we stayed at the property 2x in October on one trip we took up the Maine coast into Canada. We stayed for 2 nights and then I believe another 4 nights during the same 2 week trip. We stayed in different suites on each stay. Our first suite was not on the water but the second was. Both suites were awesome....no complaints at all. The one on the water had a little deck right on the harbor which was nice. The other suite had a small deck too which had a harbor view. This was nice because we did sit out on the deck. We were there in October and it was cool but nice enough to enjoy sitting outside with a coffee or cocktail.
The rooms were spacious, immaculate and had a lot to offer. We loved and used the fireplace, the tv, the coffee maker, the refrigerator, and there was a microwave with popcorn. All very nice. So comfortable.
We loved the sparkling water upon check in and the cookies at night/afternoon in lobby.
Everyone was so helpful!
We would stay here again....and again! Loved it.
I must also talk about their breakfast that they serve in your room....this is the best breakfast! They give you a pastry (muffin usually), a yogurt with granola, quiche of the day, juice, coffee, tea, milk.....and I feel like there was fruit too. It was so much food and delicious! Such a great start each day. They bring to your room and will serve you in bed. Nice!
Also, this is at a great location and we walked all over Camden. Made everything easy. You are right in the town center on the harbor.

A couple of notes....parking is a little tight. We were able to park but it is a small shared lot in a very busy area. The staff was very helpful in making sure we got a spot each day but it had some challenges. This accommodation does not have their own lot....it is a shared parking area with shops and restaurants and they have a handful of assigned spaces for guests but not enough in my opinion. Just be prepared to be patient.

One night during out stay at somewhere between midnight and 2am another guest in the hotel/inn was popping popcorn and burnt it in their in room microwave....it set off the fire alarm and they evacuated the building. We were woke up by the alarm. This was not enjoyable at all. The popcorn is a nice touch in the room but not for stupid guests who burn it in a microwave and ruin everyones sleep for the night plus waste the fire departments time.

Date of stay: October 2014