We stayed at this hotel one night, during our weekend trip through Maine. We had great expectations for this hotel, since it is in a great little town (Camden), on a perfect location (just by the harbor) and with an immaculately clean, well furnished room. However, we were unlucky enough to get some "neighbors" in the room next door that had a problem with the room lock - they noticed the problem at 1.30 am, and spoke at length about the problem (loudly, with maintenance) and again at 6.45. Absolutely no sleep for that one night. Also, our air conditioner unit was either on (freezing cold, even when set for 77 degrees) or off (too hot) - so we alternated every hour or so...
The most disappointing part was that when we told the front office staff that we had this problem, they told us they were aware of it...nothing else. No apology for loosing one night of sleep on our short vacation, no effort to make us want to come back again and experience the hotel under different circumstances. I assume they don't care about our business, so we'll take it elsewhere...We have stayed in many luxury hotels across the US and the world, and what distinguishes a good hotel is the exceptional service and the "let's make it right" attitude that was absolutely lacking at the Grand Harbor Inn....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the beauty of Camden Harbor from the luxurious comfort of your waterfront suite at the Grand Harbor Inn, Camden’s newest and only luxury, waterfront boutique Inn. Recently awarded the coveted and prestigious AAA Four Diamond Rating, the Grand Harbor Inn’s enviable waterfront location, overlooking the marina of yachts and local fishing boats, provides the perfect haven for that needed escape or romantic getaway. Located at Bay View Landing, the Grand Harbor Inn is surrounded by a vibrant mix of unique shops, fine dining, and exciting schooner and kayak tours.The Grand Harbor Inn features several waterfront rooms and suites, offering guests unparalleled views of Camden Harbor and the islands of Penobscot Bay. Each guest room and suite is exquisitely well appointed with private balconies, gas fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs and separate marble and glass enclosed rain showers, high definition 37” LCD TV’s, high speed wireless internet, luxurious bed and bath linens, and so much more!The interior style of the Grand Harbor Inn is inspired by Tuscan Villas, evoking a rustic, old-world, warm and elegant feel combined with all the contemporary comforts and amenities that today's guests expect. The exterior is Coastal Cottage, shingle-style architecture, blending perfectly with the historic waterfront buildings on Camden Harbor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Grand Harbor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Harbor Hotel Camden
- Grand Harbor Inn Camden, Maine