“Slow service,great food” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuzzy's Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 47 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Newport, Rhode Island
“Slow service,great food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch here on our visit to Camden,and left irritated with the very slow service. When we arrived there were only 2 other tables with customers,one of the tables was finishing their lunch. We had the boneless buffalo wings,which were excellent. I had the blue burger,which was very good,my husband had the chili,and the fish and chips,which he really liked. But it took forever to get our food- a half an hour for a cup of chili to arrive,50 minutes for my burger and the fish to arrive! The very slow service,which no one apologized for,is the one thing that will make us choose a different place to eat when we go back to Camden

Visited March 2013

Belgrade, ME
“WONDERFUL!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a terrific lunch here. The chowder is especially good. Warm atmosphere and friendly staff. Everyone eating there were very friendly too and chatting with patrons. Saying where thev've been and making suggestions on places to go to and see. It was like being with family.A very pleasant place to relax and eat.

• Visited April 2012
Rockland, Maine
“Always Smells Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

This Place has a Great Burger, I'm Attracted to the texture of the food served here seems like everything I have ever had to eat there was Right On Time and Just how I liked and asked for it and all of the Bartenders,staff and waitresses and Owner Cuzzy if very friendly & flash smiles...so if I see anyone sad there I will smile for them..

Visited March 2013
Alexandria VA
“Down to Earth.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

It's more then just your average pub. More of a restaurant set up down stairs and drinks/bar upstairs. They have games to play while you have drinks with your friends. The best part about them was they were open just after the blizzard!

Groton, Connecticut, United States
“Downright Nasty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

First let me start by saying that I love local dives. I try to find them where ever I travel, I love having a greasy burger and a beer and maybe meet a few folks. Cuzzy's was recommended to us by one of the hotel staff for dinner...big mistake. First off, when we walked in, the place was pretty dirty, but then again, so is pretty much every place in Maine in the winter with the snow and sand and salt. Second, it took forever for the waitress to come over, again this is Maine and things move a little slower in the winter. When I inquired about a couple of craft beers that they serve, she knew nothing about them. Even if you don't drink, you should know what you are serving. When I placed my order from the menu, she had to check if they had any left. The food came out at a reasonable time however this was the first time that I had food from a restaurant that was almost inedible. We started with the clam chowder. It was okay, however had a different flavor that I am hoping was lemon but could have been just sour. The main course was baby back ribs, broccoli, garlic mashed potatos, beans, and corn bread. The ribs had a Barbeque sauce on top, but the bottom was grey and looked as if it had been dropped in the ashes or sand and it left a gritty film on the back of my teeth. The broccoli had nothing on it, no lemon, no salt, no butter and tasted like it had been steamed in old clam juice. The garlic mashed potatos were watered down and had no flavor but were edible with a little salt. The cornbread tasted pretty good despite being super chewy. I couldn't bring myself to even try the beans. When I picked up a spoonful, they were covered in a stringy, slimy sauce.

The best thing I can say about this place is that it might be okay to have a beer and play a game of pool. Just a heads up though, that there is a very shady vibe going on. I would recommend going to the Stackhouse instead...better food, cleaner, friendlier and just hard working folks having a beer after work.

• Visited January 2013