“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of High Tide Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Camden
High Tide Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Camden
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Enjoyed warm summer ocean breeze in this secluded property. The privacy was exceptional and our stay was a welcome change from our busy city lives. Wonderful warm breakfast and excellent service by the owner and staff made our stay both enjoyable and memorable. Wholeheartedly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Bath
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Overall, this was a pleasant stay. The hostess was very friendly and welcoming. Room was clean and spacious. Would have enjoyed a few more options with breakfast. Rooms could use a bit of overall updating/renovation. Example bathroom door not balanced and would not close, large crack over main entry door. Overall, staff was excellant, location was close to other attractions and we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful one-night stay at the High Tide Inn in Camden, with 2 children, in a second floor ocean-front unit. The view was beautiful of the bay and islands. The inn has its own private, secluded pebble beach which was very pleasant and stunning. The room was pleasant and comfortable. The location is great -- just minutes from Camden Hills State Park, where we did some great hiking, and just a few more minutes to Camden, a lovely little town. The hospitality of the owner and staff is superlative: we got a very warm welcome from the staff, including a terrific recommendation for a vegetarian-friendly dinner (40 Paper). Best of all was the delicious breakfast of homemade popovers, muffins, and banana bread. Our son pronounced it the best breakfast we had on our trip and even better than the renowned Standard Bakery in Portland, where we'd just been. We definitely would love to stay at the High Tide Inn again!

1 Thank Andrew E
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a nice motel-type establishment. It has a few quirks, but we had a nice stay. We stayed in room 26, which is one of the motel rooms nearest the ocean. It has two doubles in one room, and another bed in a side room (for no extra cost), so if you're a small family, this room would work out well. The room itself was clean and tidy. The private beach is lovely, and although a rocky beach, it's very secluded and a nice place to read a book or take a nap. Camden itself is only a couple of miles down the road, so we were close without being in town.

A couple of hints - coffee is offered in the lobby, but not until around 7:45, so if you're an early riser like me, as for an in-room coffee maker (happily supplied by the staff). An iron is also available. I do agree with a previous reviewer that it would be nice if wifi were available throughout the property, but I realize range is an issue. Popovers (similar to a cream puff but without the cream) and muffins are available each morning in the main inn, but if you need more I would suggest heading into town to Marriner's for breakfast. They're open at 6 a.m. and offer hearty fare at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Stay in room 26 and get the extra bed in the side room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A frequent traveler
St. John
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I actually want to start out by saying I genuinely enjoyed my stay here. The owners were very nice and accommodating. I also enjoyed the breakfast included in the price. The owner makes amazing pop overs and assorted muffins and fruit each morning. The only reason I give this a three star rating is the rooms do need some repair. The showers need to be gutted and new pipping is needed as the water is rusty. We stayed in rooms 11 and 12 (7 person family) and we had plenty of space. We did not have enough towels but made do. We loved the ocean view and the beach is very private and relaxing. We had a TV but were not really there to watch it. I do not understand why they limit the Wifi to the main dining room. Its 2013 and for the price of the room i think Wifi should be included considering there is NO cell service at this hotel for either Sprint or AT&T. All and All its a great place to stay and is one of the few decent places that allow children (We had a 5 and 8 year old staying with us).

Room Tip: Try and ask for the ocean view rooms.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mer_Maid3333
Coral Bay, St. John
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We reserved 2rooms which I thought was a cottage type room with a view like in the pictures. But we ended up in the motel style rooms. The rooms are clean but I wish we knew that there were no small fridges, We brought snacks for the kids and drinks but no where to keep things cold. And there is no internet or cell phone service in the motel which is a real problem. For the money it was ok. The owners were very nice though.

Room Tip: ask to stay in the cottage or the main house.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

My sister from mid-Maine area was meeting my daughter and I at the Inn. I had booked on line, and thought I was getting a room with two beds. When we checked in, there was a mix up with the rooms, and the innkeeper gave my sister and I the keys to the same room. It turned out that my room had one bed, and my sister's had two. Also, the stairs to my room were very narrow and steep, and we had trouble getting our bags up and down them. Having seen a picture of their private beach, we walked all the way down the drive towards the water, which was quite a hike, only to find that the stairs to the beach were very steep and rickety, and we could not get down them. My sister has a bad leg and I have very bad knees. The breakfast was a bit of a problem as well. The only fruit was watermelon, which I'm allergic too, and the only other offerings were muffins. My sister and I are both on gluten free diets due to allergies to wheat. I had hoped for eggs or oatmeal or something. Otherwise, the Inn was very pretty and the innkeeper was sweet. The beds were comfortable, and if you can do stairs okay, cottage number 2 had a cute patio where you could see a little bit of the ocean through the trees. Personally, I like to be close enough to the water to hear the waves and feel the breeze, not see it in the distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KSA1114
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
Grand Harbor Inn
#2 of 10 in Camden
Inn at Ocean's Edge
Inn at Ocean's Edge
#3 of 5 in Lincolnville

Been to High Tide Inn? Share your experiences!