“Perfect view of the town!”
Review of Mount Battie

Mount Battie
Ranked #1 of 30 things to do in Camden
More attraction details
Owner description: A one-hour-up/one-hour-back hiking trip is the best way to see this mountain.
Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect view of the town!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Beautiful park. The hike is longer than listed in the books at almost 1 mile up and back, but well worth the climb!

1 Thank Jennifer B

• Hebrew first
Fairport, New York
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Breathtaking!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

What a view - not only of Camden but the islands and mountains beyond.Surely a biker/hiker delight. However, I'm old, so drove to the top. I love Maine!

Plainville, Massachusetts
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Awsome view”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The ride to the top of the peak was interesting but the view from the top on this day was simply awesome. Some day I am going to learn how to use my expensive digital camera so that I can record what I see and give justice to the view. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and just a slight haze on the horizon which must have been about fifteen miles out from that height. We sat on a rock where we parked and just watched for over an hour. What a pleasant spot and thanks to the CCC and State of Maine for making and keeping such a great vantage point to look out over Camden village, harbor and the islands off shore.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank allen w
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“great experience, in both fog and sunshine”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was determined to visit even though it was socked in - but that was an experience with its own charms. I had the place almost to myself and saw more details around me since I couldn't see very far. Then I got to go back this morning in beautiful sunshine and see the 360 degree views. If the weather is good, I recommend visiting early in your trip to get your bearings - you can take just 15 minutes, or spend some more time hiking and relaxing.

1 Thank NCHawkeye
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“fab views”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

well worth the trip up to the top. make sure you tske one of the trails for a quick hike. great views, no restrooms at the top, though plenty of bushes!

1 Thank Jennifiere